Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Called The 1800 Number

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Hello All

Called the 1800 number today to ask if there was any updates from my DRO hearing. WAs told that my records were at the rateing board. Why would my records be at the rateing board after a DRO hearing. Thanks for any Ideas.

Jim ;)

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Jim-I see you are at 70% now-so if you are not working and did not file the formal TDIU app yourself (Form 21-8940) I would certainly think the VA has inferred TDIU and are working on that in the rating board.And will send the form to you-

Or they are considering the TDIU form they have from you.....then again when was this hearing?

and did the DRO seem to favorably respond to anything you raised at that hearing-regarding your evidence?

And did you give the DRO more evidence-

the rating board is a catch all phrase sometimes that does not mean there is constant active movement but the rating board is where you want to be-

If you call 800# again in a week or so-ask them what the COVERS screen says- it might be a little more info as to the claim status-

Covers screen shows the physical presense of the c file.

It can show that the claim has gone to an authorizer-

this can be good or bad-

usually good and award will require one,two or three authorizations -depending on the retro-$25,000 0r over for example- is a 3 signature award.

also apparently claims are authorized with 3 signatures before they go to the BVA-as my illegal BVA transfer was 'authorized'by three VA employees----I dont expect that here-in your case- one just never knows about the claims process- until the VA states the results themselves-

in writing and/or puts the money into the mailbox or checking account.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.