Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea Test At Home

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

Just got the home test machine from the VA contractor named sleep Solutions. Anyone ever done this at home? I have to hook up this machine and sleep with it for 3 nights and then pack it up and send it back for evaluation. The VA a called and asked if I would mind doing it this way as they are really busy and this does the same as going in and staying at the VA overnight.

Any replys appreciateded.

Stillhere

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In my opinion that will be a lot easier than going to VA to take the test overnight.

Good Luck

You probably don't need the test if you sleep with a spouse.

I did the home test and it's nothing like the over night test done in the hospital. You may want to ask for a sleep study that is done in the hospital. I did both and the in home test showed that I did not have sleep apnea but when I did the sleep study in the hospital I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.

tHANKS jAY THAT IS A HECK OF A DIFFERENCE, Did they ever tell you why? anyone else?

Thanks, Stillhere

With the home device, a service tech will bring it to you and show you how to hook yourself in each night. The testing machine is different from the one used in the over night study. The are many more sensors on the over night system they use in the hospital. The home device you use for 3 days will not detect or show error if it is not hooked up correct and it appeared that the device was calibrated to a low detection point, because it picked up very little sleep disturbances and I didn't see any reading on oxygen saturation during sleep.

If I were you I would want to do a sleep study in a hospital.