Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I submitted for the stupid clothing allowance. Today I got a letter which said that I have to travel to the VAMC for an evaluation. It futher stated that I must bring in clothing that had been destoryed by the device and the original prescription for the device.

When I sent in the request it contained a statement from my doctor that since Aug 2005 I had been required to wear a full length hard (fiberglass and metal)AFO in order to ambulate due to damages caused by my service connected stroke. Jeez I don't have any original prescription.

On the clothing - The biggest damage is to my socks. However, since it is so bulky I have to split most of my pants inorder for the legs to go over the damn thing. This along with the fact that I wear special shoes due to my DMII which cost 125.00 per pair locally. The problem here is the brace causes me to have to have a bigger shoe for the left foot than the right one so I end up having to buy two pairs just to get one good pair.

Am I ok? If not does anyone have any suggestions? I really do not want to drive the 5 hour round trip just to be told no. This was all put in a statement along with the doctors statement so why can't they just use that. Oh I see I am an old drunk cheating veteran!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky:

You are ok you just got a form letter.. Take your split pants and socks and you will be in like Flynn.

Pete