VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Won't Define Claims Affected By Haas

Rate this question

kpriessman

Question

I am an AF MSgt (Ret) with DM-II, neuropathy, nephropaty, etc. I filed an AO claim on December 25, 2006, claim of transit through Vietnam (sworn statement). Recently, having asked Sen. John Cornyn to assist, he received a reply that the VA General Counsel was trying to decide what claims had been affected by Haas (from April 13, 2007 stay). This seems odd. Additionally, they have done nothing to comply with the VCAA of 2000, not looking for military retiree records which are pertinent. Does anyone have anything to suggest? I sure would like to file suit but don't have the resources.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

There is nothing to sue over-in my opinion-

General Counsel is as stymied as everyone else-

One can only await the outcome of Haas in the Federal court-

In my opinion ALL blue waters filed afterAugust 16, 2006 up to June 23, 2007 should be adjudicated by VAROs under Haas -as it stood for that period of time- as it was the LAW of the land by virtue of the CAVC decision.

It would be real nice if Nicholson-who buggered this whole thing- would drop his moratorium on Haas before he leaves office.

How does Bluewater effect Air Force, I must misunderstand something. I am not someone claiming I was off the shores of Vietnam??? And I was referring to VCAA over a suit. They do nothing to assist.

There is nothing to sue over-in my opinion-

General Counsel is as stymied as everyone else-

One can only await the outcome of Haas in the Federal court-

In my opinion ALL blue waters filed afterAugust 16, 2006 up to June 23, 2007 should be adjudicated by VAROs under Haas -as it stood for that period of time- as it was the LAW of the land by virtue of the CAVC decision.

It would be real nice if Nicholson-who buggered this whole thing- would drop his moratorium on Haas before he leaves office.

Edited by kpriessman

Haas and Blue Water has nothing to do with most USAF personnel.

If you were in Vietnam and have an AO presumptive disability-

you are not part of the Haas stay.

If you flew over Vietnam at high altitude and didn't land there you were not exposed to AO.

If you took off as USAF or USMC or any branch in a plane off a carrier in the Pacific during the Vietnam War and flew over Vietnam -in that way the Haas and Blue Water decision would affect you as you could claim exposure during the time you were on a Blue Water ship in continguous off shore waters in the Pacific during the Vietnam war- prior to flying off the ship or even returning to the ship after a flight.

The exact regs as to all military personnel exposed to Vietnam are all found at NVLSP web site.And the Korean vets units exposed are all listed there too.

http://www.nvlsp.org/

If you were IN Vietnam during the Vietnam war and have a presumptive AO disability and VARO has said they are awaiting Haas decision in order to work on your claim-

they are wrong-

Haas would have absolutely nothing to do with your claim.

And do they always just resend all your records when use ask what they have done to assist you...just resent my c-file to me againnnnnnn. just want to know if they are looking for missing records. sheesh