Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Future Exams

Rate this question

otey2171

Question

i was awarded 80% sc and 100% iu june 2005. was given a future exam in 2 years, june 2007. if my conditions stay the same or get worse, what are the chances of being awarded p&t? also, having a future exam in only 2 years rather than say 5 years, is that good sign of being awarded p&t after 2 years?

ROD

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The amount of time is really up to the individual rater and you really can't take it as a positive or negative sign. As far as being awarded P&T - It really depends on your condition and the C&P in 2007...the rater also plays a big role as there really isn't any concrete regs that say the RO must give P&T or not. The regs do state that a chronic condition that does not improve over a given period of time should be considered for P&T, but much of that is left often to speculation by the rater. I would definitely put in for P&T on your next C&P, as you may have a good chance at getting it.

The amount of time is really up to the individual rater and you really can't take it as a positive or negative sign. As far as being awarded P&T - It really depends on your condition and the C&P in 2007...the rater also plays a big role as there really isn't any concrete regs that say the RO must give P&T or not. The regs do state that a chronic condition that does not improve over a given period of time should be considered for P&T, but much of that is left often to speculation by the rater. I would definitely put in for P&T on your next C&P, as you may have a good chance at getting it.

I was awarded 70 and IU in march of 2004 and filed a DRO and was just recently given PT based on 5 years medical records with nothing to say improvement was going to happen.