Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Corporation Greed

Rate this question

rthomass

Question

SEE STRETCHES POST OF 9 SEPTEMBER 2007

THE CHAIRMAN OF THE SENATE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS AFFAIRS HAS SPONSORED A BILL S-2026 TO LEGISLATIVELY ALTER TITLE 38 THAT WOULD REQUIRE YOU TO AS NICHOLSON SAID HAVE "BOOTS ON THE GROUND IN VIETNAM FOR PRESUMPTIVE SERVICE CONNECTION FOR AGENT ORANGE. CLOSE ONLY COUNTS IN HORSE SHOES AND NUCLEAR BOMBS.

U.S. SENATE COMMITTEE ON September 10, 2007

VETERANS AFFAIRS

ATTTN: SENATOR AKAKA, CHAIRMAN

412 RUSSELL SENATE BUILDING

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

SUBJECT: Sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026

Senator Akaka: I have been a lifelong Democrat. I read with outrage your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026. This would negate the decisions of the 9th Circuit Court Decision as well as that of The United States Court of Appeals Decision as regards Haas V. Nichoslson.

I can assure you that as a twenty year Veteran of the United States Air Force that Agent Orange was not only used on the land mass of Vietnam but in the Country of Thailand. I was assigned to Nakhon Phanom Thailand Royal Thai Air Base from August 1969 to August 1970. NKP is located on the Mekong River across from Laos and the Ho-Mihn Trail. The Air Force sprayed the trail with Agent Orange as well as NKP'S perimeter and other areas on base. It made it easy to see enemy insurgents since it was an excellent defoliant of the tropical jungle around us. I have a three year claim that is presently before the Veterans Administration for exposure to the Herbicide Agent Orange. I am presently in the fight of my life against Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma; one of the eleven presumptive cancers cited under 38 CFR 3-309(e).

I personally thought that of the two political parties that the Republicans were the "BAD" Guys but now you and the Democrats are stabbing the Vietnam Era Veterans in the back! Guess you never know who your enemy your enemy is!

Based on your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026 I will not vote for any Democratic Party candidates in the 2008 National Election or any other election in the future. This statement galls me to write but when you are getting raped you are reluctant to give the rapist a round of applause for the heinous act.

Your assurance that you have re-considered sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026 will give me reason to re-consider my declination to vote Democratic. Senator we put our lives on line for our country. Please help us and do no harm.

Just a Veteran that has been forgotten

Randall D. Thomas Sr.

Louisville, Kentucky 40250

THIS IS THE LETTER I SENT TO YOU AND EVERY SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE ON DECEMBER 7, 2007

December 7. 2006

Honorable Senator Daniel Akaka

US SENATE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS AFFAIRS

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

The United States Court for Veterans Claims in a decision dated August 16, 2006 “ Haas vs. Nicholson “ruled that the appellant on appeal from the Veterans Board of Appeals was entitled to a presumption of exposure to the herbicide specifically identified as Agent Orange. It further found that any veteran serving during the Vietnam Era (1962-1975) and who had been awarded the VSM “Vietnam Service Medal” was presumed to have been exposed to the herbicide commonly known as Agent Orange.

The desire of my fellow Vietnam Veterans who served during the Vietnam Era in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia as well as their territorial waters who have one of the eleven diseases set forth in 38 C.F.R. 3-309(e). be presumed to have been exposed to agent orange and awarded 100% Veterans Administration Compensation.

I propose the decision of The U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims “Haas Vs. Nicholson” be a guide to re-write those portions of U.S.C. 38; 38 C.F.R.; and the Veterans Administration Adjudication Procedure Manual M21-1 by means of new legislation promulgated by the United States Congress.

I have attached the U.S. Court Of Appeals for Veterans Claims decision Haas Vs. Nichoson; National Veterans Legal Services Program additional information on exposure to agent orange.

Randall D. Thomas Sr.

Edited by rthomass

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hadit members this is a very serious action that requires your serious attention. Your Veteran Brothers need your spport......so even if you never were exposed to Agent Orange....write a letter protesting the fact that we are all about to get the shaft.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that millions of Veterans who served in the 60's and 70's who never stepped foot in Nam were exposed to Agent Orange. I know I was down next to the Motor Pool where they stored the damn stuff.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Hadit members this is a very serious action that requires your serious attention. Your Veteran Brothers need your spport......so even if you never were exposed to Agent Orange....write a letter protesting the fact that we are all about to get the shaft.

Gentlemem of you you will write a letter supporting Agent orange claims and tell Senator Akaka to kill S-2026 I will go to bat for uou when uou need letters to be sent to Conrress. This is for our bothers that a dying of cancer dut to herbicide spraying against the blue water Navy but other Veterans in Thailand. Laos, and Camodia.

Use the following letter as a guice: Pleas Help Us!

U.S. SENATE COMMITTEE ON September 10, 2007

VETERANS AFFAIRS

ATTTN: SENATOR AKAKA, CHAIRMAN

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

SUBJECT: Sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026

Senator Akaka: I have been a lifelong Democrat. I read with outrage your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026. This would negate the decisions of the 9th Circuit Court Decision as well as that of The United States Court of Appeals Decision as regards Haas V. Nichoslson.

I can assure you that as a twenty year Veteran of the United States Air Force that Agent Orange was not only used on the land mass of Vietnam but in the Country of Thailand. I was assigned to Nakhon Phanom Thailand Royal Thai Air Base from August 1969 to August 1970. NKP is located on the Mekong River across from Laos and the Ho-Mihn Trail. The Air Force sprayed the trail with Agent Orange as well as NKP'S perimeter and other areas on base. It made it easy to see enemy insurgents since it was an excellent defoliant of the tropical jungle around us. I have a three year claim that is presently before the Veterans Administration for exposure to the Herbicide Agent Orange. I am presently in the fight of my life against Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma; one of the eleven presumptive cancers cited under 38 CFR 3-309(e).

I personally thought that of the two political parties that the Republicans were the "BAD" Guys but now you and the Democrats are stabbing the Vietnam Era Veterans in the back! Guess you never know who your enemy your enemy is!

Based on your sponsorship of Senate Bill S2026 I will not vote for any Democratic Party candidates in the 2008 National Election or any other election in the future. This statement galls me to write but when you are getting raped you are reluctant to give the rapist a round of applause for the heinous act.

Your assurance that you have re-considered sponsorship of Senate Bill S-2026 will give me reason to re-consider my declination to vote Democratic. Senator we put our lives on line for our country. Please help us and do no harm.

Just a Veteran that has been forgotten

Randall D. Thomas Sr.

PO Box 20761

Louisville, Kentucky 40250-0761

(502) 491-7864 rthomass@insightbb.com

VA Claim C-27-219-809

In addition write the following letter to you 2 Senators and Representaives. LET US BE LOAD AND VOCAL CONGRESS WILL RESPOND IT ENOUGH US APPLY PRESSURE

THIS IS THE LETTER I SENT TO YOU AND EVERY SENATOR AND REPRESENTATIVE DECEMBER 7, 2007December 7. 2006

Honorable Senator Daniel Akaka

US SENATE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS AFFAIRS

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20510

The United States Court for Veterans Claims in a decision dated August 16, 2006 “ Haas vs. Nicholson “ruled that the appellant on appeal from the Veterans Board of Appeals was entitled to a presumption of exposure to the herbicide specifically identified as Agent Orange. It further found that any veteran serving during the Vietnam Era (1962-1975) and who had been awarded the VSM “Vietnam Service Medal” was presumed to have been exposed to the herbicide commonly known as Agent Orange.

The desire of my fellow Vietnam Veterans who served during the Vietnam Era in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia as well as their territorial waters who have one of the eleven diseases set forth in 38 C.F.R. 3-309(e). be presumed to have been exposed to agent orange and awarded 100% Veterans Administration Compensation.

I propose the decision of The U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims “Haas Vs. Nicholson” be a guide to re-write those portions of U.S.C. 38; 38 C.F.R.; and the Veterans Administration Adjudication Procedure Manual M21-1 by means of new legislation promulgated by the United States Congress.

I have attached the U.S. Court Of Appeals for Veterans Claims decision Haas Vs. Nichoson; National Veterans Legal Services Program additional information on exposure to agent orange.

Randall D. Thomas Sr. rthomass@insightbb.com

PO Box 20761 3123 Spring Breeze Court, Louisville, Ky 40

Edited by rthomass