Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thalamus

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

Bob this is my new post. I have a appeal pending for loss of use. Actually they did not decide against my claim they simply blew off the effects of my stroke. By this I mean they simply awarded me a 10 percent rating in Jan 05 and failed to rate the residuals. The residuals of the stroke are called Dejerine - Roussy syndrome.

Yes you will find info on Painonline - they term it centeral pain syndrome. One of the best references is at :http://www.centralpain.org/

Believe me good buddy I have read and read and re-read both sites late at night because I could not sleep due to the pain. Doc currently has me on 4000 mg of neurontin, 1600 mg of Trileptal, 180 mg of cymbalta in an effor to curb the pain and other effects of the damaged thalamus but it still is there full force.

In aug 05 it causes me to develop a loss of prepositional sense for both my leg/foot and arm/hand. The loss in the foot requires me to use a brace due to the fact I can not tell when my foot touches the ground during walking unless I can actucally see it. The brace lets me maintain my balance, the ability to not have to watch my foot etc......

I can not hold things in my hand because is this plus the pain keeps the fingers closed into a tight fist.

This all medically documented so I hope I succeed.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Dont mind at all, I'll look it over and give you a yell back tonight. Yeah, I have been out of the loop, but I am recovering from the last surgery and hopefully this next one will really help with some of the bigger problems. I am trying to get my life back on track, and stay out of bed... but I still have a babysitter (I'm 40 and have a babysitter/CNA... go figure). I gotta say it does make life easier having someone here during the day.

Anyway no problem... I'll yell at ya tonight.