VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Friend Called In For Eval And New C&p

Rate this question

calnight

Question

GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH A GOOD FRIEND I SERVED WITH. HE WAS CALLED IN FOR A EVAL AND C&P FOR HIS IU FOR PTSD. HE HAS BEEN IU FOR 3 YEARS AND YES HE IS P&T. HE IS NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT HE HAS THE CURRENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT HIS RATING. PLEASE BE READY THIS I FEEL WILL BE THE NORM. SEE YOUR DOCTOR HAVE CURRENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE IN YOUR HANDS. AND P&T REALLY MEANS NOTHING THEY THE VA WANTS EVERY CHANCE THEY GET TO GET YOU OFF THE PAYROLL. YOU MAY HAVE WON THE BATTLE TO GET YOUR BENIFITS BUT THE WAR WILL NEVER END WITH VA.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say that getting 100% Schedular P&T is rare and IU is a valid and good way to at least be fair to a Veteran who cannot work due to their injury or disability. So it has its place. However Veterans who have PTSD rated 100% due to IU should get P&T if they don't go back to work before the scheduled exam. That is my opinion. I wish it was just 100% and nothing else but they are not going to change that are they?

• HadIt.com Elder

it will be more educational to learn what the outcome of his experience is, are they really going after reducing the rating or are they verifying his continued inability to hold employment. The fact that there are now many people in the treatment system making statements to the effect PTSD is treatable and has it's ebbs and flows. Thats great but how or who is going to give you a decent job and deal with the fact that 6-9 months of the year we can't deal going face to face with "customers" or dealing with co-workers or employers? How do they propose dealing with this scenario? People like Craig and Buyer are going to make us see red yet....

UPDATE: OK MY FRIEND WENT TO HIS C&P. THE SHRINK TOLD HIM THE C&P WAS TO SEE IF ANY IMPROVMENT FOR HIS PTSD. HE SAID IT TOOK ABOUT 20 MIN. HE GAVE THE SHRINK HIS CURRENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE WITCH SUPPORTED HIS CLAIM. ALSO THE SHRINK TOLD HIM THAT THE VA IS LOOKING HARD AT IU FOR PTSD. THE SHRINK SAID THERE WAS NO IMPROVMENT IN HIS PTSD. MY FRIEND WANTED ME TO PASS ON TO ALL VETS TO HAVE CURRENT MEDICAL EVIDENCE ON HAND EVEN IF YOU ARE P&T. KEEP UP ON YOUR MEDS. SEE YOUR DOCTOR AT LEAST 1 EVERY 4 MONTHS. I WILL POST WHAT THE VA SAYS ABOUT HIS IU.