Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pay Hike Urged For Disabled Vets

Rate this question

mountain tyme

Question

I sent my state reps. my thoughts on the "Pay Hike Urged for Disabled Vets"..as stated

"The first comprehensive review of veterans’ disability benefits in 51 years recommends that Congress and the Bush administration support an immediate increase in compensation levels – of up to 25 percent for the most severely disabled – to recognize monetarily their reduced quality of life.

The Veterans Disability Benefits Commission’s report also wants all disabled veterans made eligible for “concurrent receipt” of both disability pay and an annuity based on years spent in service.

It might take Congress years to implement the bulk of the commission’s proposals but it should view some as priorities including:

Concurrent Receipt

End SBP-DIC offset

Raise VA Compensation

PTSD: A Holistic Approach

Update Rating Schedule

IU Status

To learn more, read the following articles at Military.com

Vet Commission Backs Hefty Pay Gains

Immediate Pay Hike Urged for Disabled Vets

Related Proposal:

Lifetime TRICARE Sought for 'Unfit' Vets

How do you feel about this action? Let your public officials know how you feel!

So if you would like to email your senator or congressman just go to this link through Military.com and let them know what you think.

http://capwiz.com/military/issues/alert/?a...1&type=CO#1

at this site you can even email your friends!!!!!

MT

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

the commission has statements about PTSD that contradict the NCPTSD and the DSMIV, I would not encourage the elected officials to mess with PTSD reviews or we will end up with the same mess we had three years ago, I agree many vets that were assigned TDIU should be 100% as part of the criteria for 100% is not being able to "hold" a steady job with benefits like most citizens.

If they get to the point that "PTSD" vets can work during their good periods then go back on compensation during "setbacks" we will see a cluster fluck like nothing we have ever seen before

all in all the commissions recommendations are far better than I expected, the only complaint I have is their approach to PTSD but yes we all should be writing our elected officials and our friends and grown children