VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Problem With Email Program Features

Guest morgan

I can't highlight and move text in any of my e-mail programs. After I highlight it and try to move it, the circle with an X in it shows up. I don't recall any setting that I changed, but I did download the latest version before this started.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

Are you talking about Hadit email, microsoft outlook express, or some other email program?

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• In Memoriam

Sounds to me like you are trying to select text from within a picture.

If you want to copy the picture of the text:

• Go to the lower left of the picture right click and hold down the button at the lower right of the picture.
  • Move you mouse to the upper left corner until the picture is all highlighted (green in outlook express).
  • Left click and select Copy or hit your Control and C.
  • To paste left click and select paste or hit Control and V.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

I'm sorry I'm not being clearer, I really appreciate your time trying to help.

I'm trying to edit the text; for instance, by highlighting text, holding down CTRL, and moving a sentence to a different paragraph in an e-mail. I could always do that before, but now I get the circle with a diagonal line in it. I think I said and X in it before, but it's a diagonal line.

CMorgan,

Try the following method and see if this works:

1. Use your left mouse button to highlight the text you're interested in.

2. Then right-click your mouse and choose "copy" from the menu that pops up.

3. Move your cursor to wherever you want the info copied to, right-click your mouse and choose "paste" from the menu that popos up.

Good Luck.

"My wife says I have the body of a God.........Buddha."