VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Senator Craig

Rate this question

otey2171

Question

senator craig from idaho thinks that everybody is employable and there shouldn't be iu. OK, thats why i gave up a $80,000 a year job with good benefits for $2,500 a month with no benefits for my family. if i could work i would. it wouldn't be so bad if the va would grant p&t, but of course that will be a few years and by that time the kids will be raised and champva will be useless.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

otey - there are many of us in the very boat your'e in.

we would like to have our high pay jobs back but

at least we have something...

not complaining about what we get, i'm complaing about senator craig's comments that we shouldn't get what we get. he thinks veterans get iu because they can't find work. some of us had jobs that we lost because of our sc disabilities. i worked as a engineer for the union pacific railroad for 11 years. but because i missed 160 days a year for the last 5 years i had no choice but to file for iu.

Edited by otey2171

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

IT was reported the VA grants IU in alllot of cases because it takes less time then to make a full determination of 100%. If they want to take away IU then the VA will have to reevaluate each case to see if the vets with IU are really 100%.

I wonder where Sen Craig concern was when I lived for 22 years in poverty while the VA commited criminal acts to deny my claim. Where is Sen Craig concern that I have to eat 19 years of missed back pay because the VA destroyed the evidence that proved I was SC when it was before them and then 10 years later refuesed to re open my claim and review the eviedence again because it was now somehow not new and material.

There is to much of a history of fraud against the Vet for these guys to be so self rightous about there plans for the vets

Terry Higgins

senator craig from idaho thinks that everybody is employable and there shouldn't be iu. OK, thats why i gave up a $80,000 a year job with good benefits for $2,500 a month with no benefits for my family. if i could work i would. it wouldn't be so bad if the va would grant p&t, but of course that will be a few years and by that time the kids will be raised and champva will be useless.

Well said. I think the fine senator from Idaho should forget about the total veteran population and worry about Idaho.

Istacy ... apply now and keep sending NOD just so you can get a date set and then the kids when it does come in will get back dated and a fat refund will come i just got PT and they back dated it to 2/04 when i first was granted IU and sent in a DRO my children are now 2nd year nursing students and i will be asking to have their stuff back dated

Give me the information I need and there may be no more Senator Craig after the next election.

Yesterday I went to my local airport to welcome a friend home from Iraq. Idaho sent many National Guardsmen to Iraq that are just now comming home. Watching the news last night, (they interviewed my friend with his baby twin daughters) the news reported that returning soldiers families are concernd with VA health care. One lady said "let's face it. The VA does not have a good track record for taking care of our veterans."

Well, I e-mailed the the station the story of a Desert Storm Vet that cannot work due to his service connected dissabilities and told them that he is living on the $210 a month from the VA and that the VA told him to seek care on his own. I told them that this is happening to me today, not 14 years ago, not 30 years ago, TODAY. I told them that the VA cannot take care of the veterans of yesterdays Wars let the veterans returning from todays War.

I've used the media in the past to make political changes in this town and Idaho is ripe with family and friends worried about their loved ones health. We just need to feed the fire.

I need links to statements from Craig, requests, votes, anything concrete and can be verified. I have to start this now while it is on peoples mind.

Time