VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

pete

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Pete: Unless your VARO is working on some inhouse time table, what they tell you and what actually happens and how long it takes them, must be taken with skeptisisium and a grain of salt. But if I were to guess, they probably mean that it will be at least 60 days before the rating board opens the file for their consideration.

It could also be another way to tell you, don't call us, we'll call you, without outright saying it. I call at the very least, once a week, but will not go more than two weeks between each call. Prior to my last call, I was told that my file was finishing up with developtment and they would be opening the file in ten days. Ten days latter I got a computer generated letter appologising for the delay in processing my claim, basically telling me don't call us, we will call you if and when they need anything from me or they have something for me to know.

At least they are saying that their is some movement in the process and that always helps with the anxiety during the waiting process.

Jim S. ;)