Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Total Knee Replacement

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Hadit:

Will someone tell me how much is the SMC for a total knee replacement? The knee is SC and I am currently 100% P&T. I can't understand that doggone SMC chart. I am married with children under 12.

jmack

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They will rate you on the rediduals- it is hard for me to even guess what rating that would be.

If they rated you at 10% up to the surgery this seems completely wrong to me-

If that decision is beyond the appeal period you might be able to file a CUE claim- showing they had made legal error in the diagnostic codes and the way they applied the rating schedule at time of that decision.

They will rate you on the rediduals- it is hard for me to even guess what rating that would be.

If they rated you at 10% up to the surgery this seems completely wrong to me-

If that decision is beyond the appeal period you might be able to file a CUE claim- showing they had made legal error in the diagnostic codes and the way they applied the rating schedule at time of that decision.

Berta,

You bring to the table a very interesting point regarding an appeal and a CUE claim. How beneficial is it if you WIN a CUE claim? Perhaps you could explain it to me? If it means that I am/was entitled to more money, then let me mentioned that after reviewing my C-file there appears to be several mistakes regarding other claims that I feel wasn't rated appropriately. What do you think, or any other members have any insight? Sure could use the money.

jmack