Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"response To: Advice Needed"

Rate this question

Arch

Question

:rolleyes: Well fellow veterans, I asked for your advice on attending the QTC scheduled exam. Indeed there is a regulation under 38Cfr 3.655 In which is titled "Failure to report for a scheduled examination" under this they can reduce your current compensation or not rate you at all as a no show.

So I went to the examination with my spouse, who is also my caregiver as Im a bit shaky these days. As a buisness proffesional, she quitely and politely gave the package to the Doctors receptionist who gave the QTC package back and handed her a bunch of forms to fill out.

these were mostly Insurance information and a Wa. State HIPPA form and a Hold Harmless clause for the Doctor ( I wont mention his name in this post) I refused to sign any disclosure statements or HIPPA forms as Federal HIPPA rules apply as per the QTC instructions, I declined to sign the Insurance forms or financial responsibility or the Hold Harmless clause for the Doctor or to give any Major credit card's. Following QTC's instructions to the letter we tried to explain to the receptionist, another girl, and Telephonicaly their office manager for at least 30 minutes how this visit is Contracted and paid for by the Veterans Administration through QTC.

At this time my wife heard theDoctor who was hiding behind a wall ask " did they sign all the forms" the girl replied "sort of" at which point he came through the door and proceeded to tell us that we had one of his office staff in the back office in tears. And that this was unacceptable and that he would not be seeing me today. I was never more embarrassed and mortified in my Life to be treated this way. Incidentaly you should have seen the look on his face when he had to ask to be buzzed back in via the electric lock on the door like a cheap pawn shop use's, like a frightened coyote on a flat spot. We both left his Office with chest pains for the rest of the day.

I still dont know why QTC was sending me to a Doctor who specialized in ENT allergies to evaluate what a VA Otoneuroligist diagnosed as "meniers disease".

I did receive an apology from the VARO but it is only superficial and phony IMHO.

The VARO did rate the condition as 100% for meniers, stating they already had 2 medical opinions in the treatment record, however the VA Doctor mentioned the possibility of surgical removal of the entire inner ear and under this did not rate it as "Permanent and Total" However I do not beleive the VARO can require you to undergo surgery As Im not 100% sure it will not make things worse. Also my VA hepatoligist does not reccomend any surgeries do to my liver conditions, also my Primary care Doctor at theVA says we should use caution due to my Blood thinning and prone to infections.

Hows this for a Haloween Horror Story, All too true and Im still angry, I will have to NOD the Occult hepatitus also as they as usual distort the facts. As they say on VA Watchdog "It aint over till theFat Lady sings and you get the Brass Plaque as a marker"

Arch

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Arch,

It sounds like you have a pretty good understanding of your condition and also a heads-up grasp of surgical risks vs. value gained.

In the NOD you are going to do, state all of what you posted here -- including the QTC C&P incident (the doctor may blame the fiasco 100% on you) -- in said NOD and in more detail since you will have the time and space to do so (multiple pages if necessary).

I haven't been reading a whole lot of good things from vets who post about C&P exams contracted out to QTC...most are negative.

Good luck,

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

• HadIt.com Elder

wow. Amazing Halloween story, sorry to hear you have Menieres. Went through a bout of vertigo and migranes years back, menieres was a concern. Really rare vertigo/migranes now (maybe once a year). Got other health issues but the reason I replied, I want to know; What is QTC? Just curious.Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up regards not signing all that paperwork, HIPPA forms that restrict information even to the requested source, contracts to hold medical office and its employees harmless. Even the thought of giving credit card or insurance information brings back shivering memories to me. ONLY Once I gave the office my family insurance information and it took near a year, near collection agency action to get it figured out. The clinic changed "handlers" so the old and new corporation were double timing the efforts. Lesson learned.cg

wow. Amazing Halloween story, sorry to hear you have Menieres. Went through a bout of vertigo and migranes years back, menieres was a concern. Really rare vertigo/migranes now (maybe once a year). Got other health issues but the reason I replied, I want to know; What is QTC? Just curious.Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up regards not signing all that paperwork, HIPPA forms that restrict information even to the requested source, contracts to hold medical office and its employees harmless. Even the thought of giving credit card or insurance information brings back shivering memories to me. ONLY Once I gave the office my family insurance information and it took near a year, near collection agency action to get it figured out. The clinic changed "handlers" so the old and new corporation were double timing the efforts. Lesson learned.cg

Cowgirl, Yes I am reading title 38 and other U.S.Codes more and more. I am begining to think that the VARO's are actualy aliens or possibly a super computer to be able to screw us the "effecient" way they do, a mere panel of humans could not possibly be that good.

QTC is the contractor that the VA uses to get favorable IME to their benefit. They are based in California, and thier CEO is "The Anthony Principi" formerly head of the Veterans administration untill he was replaced after the laptop went missing with all the Veterans files and SSN's on it. The Principal shareholder of that LLC's holdings is "Bill ex senator Frist" Getting the drift?

And we get to be represented by a Mr. Ben Dover, of No town USA.

Remember Veterans come first, then the chickenhawks and the rest of the

upper food chain...

Bitterly

Arch

• HadIt.com Elder

Anthony Principi was the best Secretary I have ever had and I have seen quite a few since 1991. He even read and answered email I sent to him and more importantly acted on it.

I don't hear much good about QTC but the next Secretary is running it now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, guess I was in the dark regards QTC but just did web search, eye opening and interesting. Wonder if there is private stock offering for that profit margin? I know its rather normal for some military retirees to walk back into their 'own' jobs as civilian with great pay/benefits. Keeps the experience on board and current s'pose. Politics aside, QTC is a for-profit company. hm.

Anthony Principi was the best Secretary I have ever had and I have seen quite a few since 1991. He even read and answered email I sent to him and more importantly acted on it.

I don't hear much good about QTC but the next Secretary is running it now.

• HadIt.com Elder

I really think that QTC is pretty much like any contracted service that the VA uses they get pretty much what they want which is not always that good for the claimant. However, that said I would rateher deal with a professional service than some of those elderly senile Docs that the VA in Dallas uses for C&P's