Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non Service Connected Codes Definition And Importance

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Reviewing (rereading and rereading) claim data and prepping to reopen.appeal,or CUE earlier claims.

Wondering what NSC codes mean. Old Claim decisions show NonService Connected for some items. for example the code that follows "tinnitus" is NNIS/PRES while others have NFOLE, CDA, NFBEOR and NSC title has (PTE/PGW)?eh.

What specifically are NSC items? Well, dont mean to sound ignorant, but do they carry weight on any SC issues or ? um, just noted medical issues I have that arent service connected as of yet? Just dont know why NSC label is attached by the VA to these issues. I have seen discussion here that shows NSC importance when aggravated by SC issue; but for now I am still fuzzy on why NSCs are listed.

Just ponderin' here, cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

These are issues which are nonservice-connected which they VA has either denied service connection for based on a claim you filed or which were identified as disabilities during a claim for pension benefits. The PTE/PGW is a period of service code means you served during a period of peacetime and during the Gulf war era.