Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 C&ps

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

Had my hearing 24 Oct with DRO, he said was going to set C&P for reevaluation on my back and a C&P for PTSD.

Got a notice yesterday for a C&P on Nov 26 at 8:30 am. It is only a three hour drive to Columbia so I have to get up about 4 , leave before 5, drive almost three hours, I wonder what kind of mood I will be in when I get in for the exam?. I will be tired, in a cr***y mood and will have an attitude. I just hope for me its the right attitude.

Then today I get the notice that I have to drive back up on the 28th at 1:00 pm for a C&P for my back, thats after a three hour drive again and I wonder what kind of shape I will be after two trips to Columbia??

Of course they would not be able to schedule both on the same day one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

That would be easy but I guess I should not complain since it would only be like 4 weeks since the hearing and for C&P s that is fast. Of course how long to wait for decision.

Semper Fi

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, get all the info and written doceumentation of the incident (letters from the guys you mentioned) while you still can. If there are any other guys you can also get to write letters -- "buddy letters" - do so and have them be very detailed (not vague) with specifics about the stressor event.

Good thing they are still alive...once they pass, there'd be NO WAY to get any buddy letters.

Also, be sure you have clear and legible COPIES of these letters for your records because it's not a question of IF the VA will lose them, it's just a question of WHEN. ;-)

Yes, do not quit.

-- John D.

Edited by cloudcroft

Had my hearing 24 Oct with DRO, he said was going to set C&P for reevaluation on my back and a C&P for PTSD.

Got a notice yesterday for a C&P on Nov 26 at 8:30 am. It is only a three hour drive to Columbia so I have to get up about 4 , leave before 5, drive almost three hours, I wonder what kind of mood I will be in when I get in for the exam?. I will be tired, in a cr***y mood and will have an attitude. I just hope for me its the right attitude.

Then today I get the notice that I have to drive back up on the 28th at 1:00 pm for a C&P for my back, thats after a three hour drive again and I wonder what kind of shape I will be after two trips to Columbia??

Of course they would not be able to schedule both on the same day one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

That would be easy but I guess I should not complain since it would only be like 4 weeks since the hearing and for C&P s that is fast. Of course how long to wait for decision.

Semper Fi

With the cost of gas, a room for 2 days might be cheaper!!

I had A c&p 23 aug . Yesterday i called the 800 # and was told a decsion had been made & signed by a supervisor thursday. 2 months 17 days . nO OFFICIAL WORD YET.

• HadIt.com Elder

Flatbroke,

call the C&P dept and let them know, both appointments need to be scheduled on the same day in the, "afternoon" because of the distance needed to travel.

Also inform them if this can't be arranged, the C&P dept will need to set up food & lodging & travel arrangements for you and spouse the night before your appointment & every day you need to stay. This must be set up at least a week in advance.

Some local VAMC's may want to set this up as a "reembursement". It's my understanding that the C&P dept must arrange this in advance.

Flatbroke,

call the C&P dept and let them know, both appointments need to be scheduled on the same day in the, "afternoon" because of the distance needed to travel.

Also inform them if this can't be arranged, the C&P dept will need to set up food & lodging & travel arrangements for you and spouse the night before your appointment & every day you need to stay. This must be set up at least a week in advance.

Some local VAMC's may want to set this up as a "reembursement". It's my understanding that the C&P dept must arrange this in advance.

I had asked the VA if thee was a room for Bonnie when I had to do the sleep tests and was told that there were no rooms for her.

Bonnie also has three horses and no one to take care of them so staying the night for us is not a good option. I would rather just go up do the C&Ps and get the he** out of Dodge.

It would be a rush to do both in one afternoon, isnt the PTSD exam suppose to take more than 15 minutes??

Too many people if you know what I mean, dont like crowds. But being at the hospital with all the other Vets does not bother me as bad. Even though I dont like sitting in the middle of a room with people walking around behind me.

Called the Hospital and talked to the lady setting the appointments for C&P's. After I explained the situation they changed the monday appointmentt to wed when I have the C&P for Psych.

Made it a whole lot easier and the lady was very nice did not argue and listened to the whole story before she said anything and the first thing she said was let me see what I can do for you

Getting good service from Columbia , MO so far except the first C&P ans now I know what to ecpect and will wathch it.

Semper Fi.