allan

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Allan, I send the VARO a request in a letter siteing the FOIA a couple of weeks ago for a COMPLETE copy of all of my C-file and records used to decide my claim. I received a letter from them yesterday telling me they were in receipt of my request and would be responding as soon as they can. Of course who knows how long that will be.

Stillhere

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Stillhere,

>Of course who knows how long that will be.

It took me over twenty years to get a partial copy. That was from the Seattle VARO.

Not all VA Regional Offices operate as fast as they can, so some may take longer.

The last I checked the VA has 30 days to "comply" with a FOIA request for records.

The problem lies with the VA reconizing the term"comply".

Allan

• In Memoriam

The other word that the VA doesn't have the definition for is Expedite.

Congress will have to write a bill giving the VA a "Definition of Expedite."

This bill would consider all wars, expeditions, crisis, and what ever other names the VA can manufacture for separating us, by the U.S. in any country.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

You guys brought up very good points about comply and expidite. However, the only way for the VA to be taught the definitions of these two words is if we can get congress to define and follow a definition for accountability.

If congress does not hold the VA accountable for their actions no matter how many definitions are placed into the laws they will simply continue to do business as normal.

• HadIt.com Elder

accountable?

Who's going to hold Congress accountable when it comes to Veterans? I didn't see it being much of an issue during the debates thur.

Earmarks, contractors, cheap labor and lobbyists take precedent over national security, US Veterans and the rest of this nation.

Until we get out of this lawless, dysfunctional stage, this nations an easy target and so are we.