Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any One Go To The Indiana Va Here?

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Just had a few Questions on how things are handled, claims here in Indiana? I moved here from FL and a year ago transfered my claim for a revaluation how low is the process here, someone dropped a link but I'm talking realistically? I my info in my c-file is complete. Thanks RC

Edited by yoggie2

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just had a few Questions on how things are handle claims here in Indiana? I moved here from FL and a year ago transfered my claim for a revaluation how low is the process here, someone dropped a link but I'm talking realistically? I my info in my c-file is complete. Thanks RC

I live in Indianapolis and have been in claims process for about 15 years. Started out 10% for pes cavus and finally 10% for low back strain and !0% for tinnitis. About six or so months ago they raised my back to 40% and I disagreed with the two year start date of my increase for back strain and I haven't been paid for the increase and haven't heard from them on this claim.

I had a c&p exam for my feet and the results looked good for an increase but I haven't heard anything else on that claim. It has been about 9 months since the exam.

If you live in Indianapolis email me and we will try to meet. I usually go to the VA and the VFW Service Officer downtown when I have business as it is better than through the mail. Even though I don't see much action out of them.

Railroader

Only 2 people from Indiana on this board going through the claims? Two things here, either 2 people in claims and Indiana VA is really, really slow or no one want to answer? RC

I am in Indy and use the VARO and the VA hospital. My first claim for PTSD for Military Sexual Trauma (MST), depression, migraines, and endometriosis took a year to go through. I was 10% for PTSD, SC for migraines, endometriosis, but not compensable. Later, I filed for an increase and it took about six months and was increased to 30% PTSD and I applied for IU and was denied. I filed for an increase again later and I am now 50% PTSD and my endometriosis stayed 10%, but told me if I prove the problems I was having were not uterine polyps or uterine cancer I could file for my claim to be reopened for a possible 30% for the endometriosis. I have since done that and no polyps or cancer and my symptoms are worse and I am going to have to have a hysterectomy I am currently researching loss of a creative organ. I don't have anything nice to say about the VARO and how they operate. I had an unneeded surgery due to a nurse looking at the wrong lab results and sued the VA for malpractice. It was settled in March of this year, but boy does the VA fight dirty. I used the DAV for my first claim and my first request for increase. The second request I did myself. My next step is to file for the increase in the endometriosis and TDIU again. I am thinking of having an attorney do it for me because dealing with the VA makes my PTSD worse and I am sick of them. Yoggie and Railroader, I'd like to meet with you if you get toghether.

I wanted to post this here for the Indy people to know about. I just spoke to Marty Morris, Chief of Staff, for Senator Lugar's office. I asked him if the Senator would sign a pledge to support Veteran issues as long as what comes across his desk is done in a responsible manner. He informed me the Senator does not sign pledges. I asked him the same question and asked for a yes or no answer. His answer was YES. I asked him if someone in his office could put something in writing to post and he said that he speaks for the Senator and his answer was YES. He then went on to say..."The only thing the Senator can do is vote more money." I tried to express that is not the case that money isn't the only answer. He said...."I'm not going to argue this with you." Now, I thought we were having a discussion. Our voices were not raised, we were not interupting each other, he returned my call and I thanked him for returning it. Arguing? I'm a wife, a mother of a 6 year old, a rape survivor, 50% PTSD rating, I know arguing and we were having a discussion. It sent a loud message to me though. When ever a Veteran uses their voice to question the system to make it better, we are perceived incorrectly. I don't know this guy. I might like him, I know he'd like me becuase I am a nice person, but my point is that he had already made up his mind about me before he had his assistant dial my number. I called Mr. Lugar's office to give my home state Senator a chance to let me know that Veteran issues are important to him and he'll be better than what he has been in his 31 years from today forward. I got a yes answer, but actions speak louder than words. Please post things here that I can comprise together and take to the Senator to ask him to keep his word. I phrased the question in a way to show good faith that he would not be expected to vote yes or support something dumb like free golf for all Veterans. My point with that is, I have seen some really great ideas posted on hadit and there are people here who know which regs need changed, done away with, and enforced. I'm looking for those types of suggestions. Put on your thinking caps and let's go.

Pam Elliot from WISH TV wants to do a story about service men and women having to pay back bonuses after they were hurt and no longer serving. You can contact her at WISH TV. Also, Mr. Mattice, the associate director at the VA hospital in Indy told me last week on the 15th that letters were going out that day to the Veteran's who's info was taken on the stolen laptop. I called today to verify the letters went out and was told that they are in draft form and are being checked to make sure all the info on them is correct. So, he didn't know what he was talking about and yet again a VA administrator isn't honest with a Veteran. Pam Elliot was told the letters will go out within the next two weeks. And the VA wonders why Vets don't trust them!!!

I am in Indiana also, however I use the Evansville Outpatient Clinic. If we need big hospital tings we have to go to Marion. Our Regional Office is Indy. I am in the process of my case, waiting on the last part of the C&P. Havn't had the metnal or PTSD portion of it yet. I feel the behavorial health unit at Evansville is outstanding, my Doc is great. The Medical ain't bad. The other there are so over worked by being overbooked and can't ever catch up. The funding went thru for a clinic in Vincennes in 2008.