Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Do You Wait?

Rate this question

danang_1969

Question

I was just curious to know how quickly other veterans are getting answers to their questions from the RO.

If the answers that are given are generalized.

How often do you the answer to the question that you ask that is satisfactory to you as an answer?

Do they always follow through with the 5 day working day response for your answer, as stated below?

Hello.

This confirms receipt of the electronic message you just sent to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The reference number for your question is '000000-000000'. You should also receive an e-mail message confirming the office to which your message was routed.

You should expect a response within 5 workdays.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just keep in mind that IRIS responses come from one of the, hmmmmm let me see how to word this, oh well, idiots that answers the phones. The poor soul simply got tasked with answering IRIS inquires that day. So don't expect too much. However, it can sometimes give you a paper trail if you need one like if you sent something to them or you are trying to prove you really did send in that claim........ If you get one of them silly butt answers always respond and get them focused on the problem you are having. In other words force them into giving you a straight answer to your question. It can be done. Sometimes if you force them in between a rock and hard spot they will actually get out of the chair and look at your file and ask the DRO, rater etc..... about the issue and then answer your question.

As an example - I requested a DRO hearing on a claim, however, 14 months later the SOC had been issued and I had to file the form 9 due to the time line requirements. I used IRIS to force them into a spot where they had to come back and say yes you will have your DRO hearing on this claim. Low and behold about 2 weeks later I got a letter saying your DRO hearing has been scheduled on this day at this time. The hearing will cover the claimed issues of XXXXXX. This was after many many request that I be afforded my due process rights of having a hearing at the local VARO (it had been about 14 months since I notified them I wanted a DRO hearing.

I am still waiting for a copy of my c-file. They, iris said I should hear something by Jan 15th 2008 if not give them a call. First put in for this Nov.8th guess they all took off with congress!!

Merry Christmas to all!!

Stillhere