Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spn Code Website Now Up, Massive Fraud

Rate this question

EdC59

Question

Beginning in 1956, DOD ordered the military to place a SECRET coded number on the DD-214 of ALL Veterans ( 26 million ). Called a SPN, SDN, or SPD code, can say bedwetter, homosexual, character disorders, lewd acts, unsanitary habits, repeated VD, on & on they go. Go to: http://veterancourtcodes.com view 90min DVD video of show i did in Chicago April 2007, under MENU, click on PLAINTIFF'S EXHIBITS, BRIEFS, read all about the codes, quick document is the CONG. PRESS RELEASE under MENU. VA uses the codes to determine eligibility for benefits and hospitals use them as well. Millions with an HONORABLE discharge have BAD code, you DID NOT have to do anything, you just got stabbed in the back. VA takes claim number, gives phony name, pays phony, while REAL vet gets delayed, denied benefits. This is major problem !!!! NO LIBERTY !

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie - Thanks for the links. Does anyone know if the statement on the link is accurate when it says:

"These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect."

If the codes change that just gives the VA one more point of possible error over time (remember, WWII vets are still applying for claims - how many times do/will these codes change over the years and how diligent will the VA be in making sure to pull out the codesheet for the year you got out?).

Also, wouldn't this information fall out under FOIA and be public information? What's the deal with secret codes? Again, if anyone can confirm or deny the whole secrecy piece I'd appreciate it.

Recruiter Rick - I take it this is the "separation code" in block 26 of Member copy 4 of my DD 214? Flatbroke mentioned a number at the top of his and the only number I have on the top of mine is where I filed it with the Clerk of Courts years ago.

My separation code is LBK which is Expiration of Term of Service (funny, I was just asking what ETS meant the other day). Of course, that's the Army code. I hope the VA doesn't get confused and think I was in the Navy because then LBK means Involuntary discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted.

Thanks,

TS

Edited by tssnave

Carlie - Thanks for the links. Does anyone know if the statement on the link is accurate when it says:

"These codes are subject to change, and the Department of Defense will no longer allow the military services to release the meanings of these codes to the general public. The below definitions were obtained before this prohibition went into effect."

If the codes change that just gives the VA one more point of possible error over time (remember, WWII vets are still applying for claims - how many times do/will these codes change over the years and how diligent will the VA be in making sure to pull out the codesheet for the year you got out?).

Also, wouldn't this information fall out under FOIA and be public information? What's the deal with secret codes? Again, if anyone can confirm or deny the whole secrecy piece I'd appreciate it.

Recruiter Rick - I take it this is the "separation code" in block 26 of Member copy 4 of my DD 214? Flatbroke mentioned a number at the top of his and the only number I have on the top of mine is where I filed it with the Clerk of Courts years ago.

My separation code is LBK which is Expiration of Term of Service (funny, I was just asking what ETS meant the other day). Of course, that's the Army code. I hope the VA doesn't get confused and think I was in the Navy because then LBK means Involuntary discharge at end active obligated service, USN - Enlisted.

Thanks,

TS

that's it. what really makes it confusing is that the code may have different meanings for each service

Army reg AR 601-210 lists several of the codes for all services and their meaning. Army reg 40-501 lists all the chapters quoted when a physical discharge is completed in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

AR 601-210 Standards of Enlistment

AR 40-501 Enlisted Physical Qualification Standards

Now they may have changed the AR #'s but if so I haven't heard of it.

Bob Smith

• HadIt.com Elder

293 - General court martial

294 - Special court martial

311 - Alien without legal residence in the United States

312 - Separation of members of Reserve components on active duty who, due to age, would be precluded from attaining eligibility pay as provided by 10 USC 1331.1337

SPN codes from 295 through 310 are missing.

My dd214 shows "305". Is there earlier SPN codes for the year 1971/USN

Thanks for this post............Allan

that's it. what really makes it confusing is that the code may have different meanings for each service

ATTENTION RECRUITER RICK & EVERYONE = if you were discharged before 1975, in BLOCK 11-c, Reason & Authority, that is where your code should be, where the word Honorable or Under Honorable is. Sometime in the 1980's, to prevent additional lawsuits, the DD-214 was changed, the SPD code was not supposed to be on the VETS copy, however, went on the other 8 or more copies of DD-214 made, and they went everywhere. LASTLY, an RE CODE ( re-enlistment ) other than a " 1 " was not good, as employers believed if they did not want you back, neither did they. Maybe your MOS was full, and no need ?

ATTENTION RECRUITER RICK & EVERYONE = if you were discharged before 1975, in BLOCK 11-c, Reason & Authority, that is where your code should be, where the word Honorable or Under Honorable is. Sometime in the 1980's, to prevent additional lawsuits, the DD-214 was changed, the SPD code was not supposed to be on the VETS copy, however, went on the other 8 or more copies of DD-214 made, and they went everywhere. LASTLY, an RE CODE ( re-enlistment ) other than a " 1 " was not good, as employers believed if they did not want you back, neither did they. Maybe your MOS was full, and no need ?

That is incorrect. An RE-Code (Re-Entry Code) other than "1" is not bad. There are many, many great servicemembers that are discharged with an RE-Code of "3" which could have a variety of meanings, such as "MEDICAL REASONS". I posted before that normally the RE-Code and the narrative reasons for separations supports each other.