Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Case Question

Rate this question

mitchell3006

Question

I have read till I'm cross-eyed and confused. I was talking to my mother about DIC and found she was only getting it since 2001 for Dad's death, service connected to DMII Dad died in Dec 93, she filed Apr 94. He also had open claim for DMII and peripheral Neuropathy at time of death. Shouldn't Nehmer back pay her to at least Apr 94. It also looks like his estate should get back pay to original claim for service connection back to 91. Am I barking up wrong tree or should I jump on this with both feet.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

If tney granted DEA Chapter 35 educational benefits- they must have rated him as 100% P & T but hard to say for how long-

my award says 3 years of 100% P & T was granted posthumously-

They pay Nehmer widows the full amount of any accrued benefits- which would be in your case-the 100% less the 60% he received in his lifetime for the DMII.

Good deal. I still have to dig through the boxes of records and try to find all the awards over the years and put them in some kind of order. Thanks so much for the info. Lets me know I'm doing something worthwhile. This could be in the neighborhood of 50k back pay if I figured right. Its several years worth. will definitely help her.