Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Roanoke, Virginia

Rate this question

jriverman

Question

Has anyone had a good, bad or otherwise experience with the DAV, MOPH, VFW, etc service officers in Roanoke Virginia. I'm considering opening up a new claim and upgrading old SC ratings and don't want to hook up with an overworked or un-attentive SO. Also, any info on claim turn-around times in Roanoke to get a C&P and final decision would be great. Any input on your experiences would sure be appreciated!!!

J. Riverman

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Has anyone had a good, bad or otherwise experience with the DAV, MOPH, VFW, etc service officers in Roanoke Virginia. I'm considering opening up a new claim and upgrading old SC ratings and don't want to hook up with an overworked or un-attentive SO. Also, any info on claim turn-around times in Roanoke to get a C&P and final decision would be great. Any input on your experiences would sure be appreciated!!!

J. Riverman

This is just my opinion, only. Yes, and I have and I found the DAV and the AMVets a joke. I would have to say for this area. Go with the American Legion. Contact Ms. Powell. Turn around time is about the same everywhere, again this is only from my experience.

Always,

Betty

This is just my opinion, only. Yes, and I have and I found the DAV and the AMVets a joke. I would have to say for this area. Go with the American Legion. Contact Ms. Powell. Turn around time is about the same everywhere, again this is only from my experience.

Always,

Betty

Thanks Betty!!!

I have heard the same thing, locally by word of mouth from others, about the Roanoke DAV and Amvets. I hear good things about the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH). Thanks again. If you or anybody else has more info (including Vet Center quality), please let me know. I have been away from this claims process stuff for many years.

JRiverman

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Betty!!!

I have heard the same thing, locally by word of mouth from others, about the Roanoke DAV and Amvets. I hear good things about the Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH). Thanks again. If you or anybody else has more info (including Vet Center quality), please let me know. I have been away from this claims process stuff for many years.

JRiverman

Military Order of the Purple Heart is a great guy and he does know what he is doing.

He has looked at my claim several times and he does not represent me, as my claims file was shipped off the West Va.

Talk to him, for you will be extremely impressed.

Always,

Betty

Military Order of the Purple Heart is a great guy and he does know what he is doing.

He has looked at my claim several times and he does not represent me, as my claims file was shipped off the West Va.

Talk to him, for you will be extremely impressed.

Always,

Betty

From what I have heard they pick your rep for you according to your SSN or Ciam number. I did not name anyone and it could be that way in that instance.