Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do They Know Anything About What They Are Telling You?

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello Folks.

2 weeks ago in an Iris reply i was told that the claim for reconsideration in the rate given for my son's Blood Cancer had been at the rating board since November 7th and it could take up to 30- 45 days to reach a decision!! They also said to call them in 2 weeks and hopefully they would have a better answer for us.

My son called the 800 number this morning and was told that his Claim hadn't had any action on it for 2 months.

What gives?? Which do we believe?? They have had this claim in for 8 months now.

Thanks,

Jessie

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hello Folks.

2 weeks ago in an Iris reply i was told that the claim for reconsideration in the rate given for my son's Blood Cancer had been at the rating board since November 7th and it could take up to 30- 45 days to reach a decision!! They also said to call them in 2 weeks and hopefully they would have a better answer for us.

My son called the 800 number this morning and was told that his Claim hadn't had any action on it for 2 months.

What gives?? Which do we believe?? They have had this claim in for 8 months now.

Thanks,

Jessie

I would call again tomorrow and rephrase the question like this..."hello, i called recently, and was told a decision was reached, and told to ck. back today.. can you tell me what that decision was"....i always seem to get alot better answer from them when i insinuate i now whats going on,,lol, {the fact of the matter is..WE DO !!} give it a try, let me know..william n

william

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep I would call back. Some of the dear 800 operators are only interested in getting you to hang up so that they can take the next call.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I would call again tomorrow and rephrase the question like this..."hello, i called recently, and was told a decision was reached, and told to ck. back today.. can you tell me what that decision was"....i always seem to get alot better answer from them when i insinuate i now whats going on,,lol, {the fact of the matter is..WE DO !!} give it a try, let me know..william n

Thanks William!!

We will try again tomorrow.

I pray for a very good answer.

Thanks again:

Jessie

Thanks Pete!!!

Most of the VA offices have a variation of answers on any subject to any question and there is times when the same person will give a different answer. It is real hard to keep from asking them if they know whether they are washing or hanging out.

I just found out yesterday that I could have been receiving travel pay for all my appointment at the VA outpatient center where I have gone for 4 years. You just call the number, if you know it and say hey, I had an appointment today at ______ and I need my travel pay and they asked for your last four and say ok, we will get it out. The problem is with the last 4 years is one must call within 30 days after the appointment to receive the travel pay and each time you go. Good way out of back pay right. I haven't seen ever seen this phone number posted on the board at any outpatient centers. I asked them today why it wasn't posted. They had no answer. I have ask and all told me we don't know. A friend gave it to me.

Just keep in mind that the VA works on doggie years in the reverse:

a claim that has been in the process for 8 years is just like 8 months to the VA.

A claim that has been in the process for 8 months is just like the veteran is still fighting somewhere on the battlefield and will be filing his claim for disability in about another 4 years.