VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Drug Interactions

Rate this topic

Recently I was taking Hydrocodone, Alpralasom, Lisinopril, and after a COPD episode Christmas night, I was given Prednisone and a steriod shot at a local ER. Not Good. I get all these meds from VA. There is a great website that will allow you to check over the counter and prescription drugs for interactions to prevent what I went through. www.drugs.com. This site may have saved my life. Some of these interactions can cause death. Always check what you are being given, trust me the VA won't check them for you.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Lisinopril gives many who take it a chronic dry cough. It did it for me and I was switched and am doing much better. I would start coughing and could not quit sometimes.

Lisinopril gives many who take it a chronic dry cough. It did it for me and I was switched and am doing much better. I would start coughing and could not quit sometimes.

What did they switch you to and is it controling your BP Pete.

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

Its called Losartin and so far pretty good results 130/60 this morning. I saw on TV a couple of weeks ago that the most critical time to take blood pressure meds is at night. I have been taking mine in the morning up till last week.

• 1 year later...