Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cdrp Confusion

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I Retired with 28 years May 31, 2004. Initially rated at 50% in the start and moved up and up and up until finally 100% retro to April o6 and last but not least 100% retro to the day after retirement June 1 2004.

In my last award letter they got the following as far as CDRP and retired pay.

total award----amount withheld----monthly entitlement----Payment start----reason for change

2239--------------1589-------------650-------------------Jul,1,04---------with hold for CRDP/ret pay

2523--------------1873-------------650-------------------Dec 1 04---------same as above

2523--------------0.0--------------2523------------------Jan 1 05---------CRDP ret pay w/hold removed

As I prev stated I was initially rated at 50% which was the thresh hold for retires with 20 years not having anything with held(as I understand it), This Crap has got me baffled.

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

thanks for the answer, my initial rating was 50% and as I remember that was a threshold for retirees? I wish I had all my old RAS's because I dont think DFAS ever really with held much if anything?

As I read farther down I see that Mantou Sprgs addressed that, thank you guys and girls!

Since your award went back to 2004 at the 100 percent rate you will receive two forms of back pay. Since 1 Jan 2005 100 percent vets (schedular) are to receive both their retirement pay and VA disability pay. The retirement pay will be paid in the form of CRDP. So without going through some wild figures and put it simply at some point you will receive every penny DFAS withheld and every penny the VA took out from 1 Jan 05 to current. DFAS is still behind and the backlog grows daily. However, once VA gets the word from DFAS VA will issue their payment pretty quick. There have been cases where the issue was worked out between DFAS and VA before the rating decision was issued. Mine was done this way so when I received my rating decision taking me from 50 to 80 percent with and effective date of July 04, about two weeks later I received a fairly large payment from VA. I called them just to check and see why I received the payment. They said that DFAS and VA was trying to work out the back pay issues as they happened on new awards. Hopefully this has been done on yours as well. Congrats on a job well done.
Edited by BETRAYED

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.