Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Must Be Running Scared

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Went to Social Security Admin. Office today and asked for a copy of my award letter and reasons for my award of SSDI. The letter stated when and how much I was getting, but the reasons for their decision to award me SSDI is only listed with a DIG & SDIG code number.

DIG 2780 and SDIG 7150.

When I told them how am I supposed to know what these codes ment, or how I was to let my Dr or Psychiatrist or even the VARO on a claim I was working on. The clerk told me that the VARO would know what the Codes mean.

Why wouldn't they tell me? Are these Codes so imflamitory as to my mental statis that they must keep me from directly knowing what they mean?

Will a FOIA do me any good to get this information. I could possibly even be probative to my claim to refute the PD I have been saddle with. How am I to tell?

Rockhound :)

p.s. Am I paranoid if the Government is really out to do me harm?

Are you a paranoid schizophrenic

if the ones you think are out to

get you, really are?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rockhound DIG means diagnosis code and SDIG means secondary diagnosis code. You can find these on the web.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

rockhound if the VA has given you TDIU and SSD has been approved what else are you trying to achieve? If you are getting both of them why open the doors again and risk the VA reducing your TDIU award?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

testvet: you misunderstand what I said. The TDIU I got from the VA was for NSC Pension and not for SC Disability & Compensation. Since my SSDI award is more than my NSC Pensio, it went by,by. You cannot collet both unless your SSDI is less than you NSC Pension. Then the VA will pay the difference.

I am and have been fighting to SC my mental disorders to that, what happend in service or at least as a result of the psychotic episode I had in service. but the VA keeps refering to a diagnosis change that was not supported by statutory or regulatory procedure or by the evidence in the VA Examiners report.

Just suffice that a Pension is not the same as SC disability compensation.

Rockhound :)

get you, really are?

Sorry for the late follow up. Had a bad horse to deal with and problems accessing the forum.

When I asked the SSA clerk, how am I to tell if any of the coded reasons they gave me, in determining my claim for SSDI were for psychological problems and she said that it was. But now that I have the Codes deciphered. There is no mention on my psychological problem, that made up for at least half of why I cannot work.

I'm totally confused why it is not mentioned as part of the reason for my SSDI award. Especially when you consider that Sarcoidosis, an Auto-immune desease can go into remission, sometimes permenently or at least long term, which would then eliminate several problems that prevent me from seeking substantial gainful employment.

Sorry to say, that after four years now, it is still with me, but thankfullly it hasn't progressed to my heart and lungs or other organs of my body like some people I know. At least not significantly enough to note at this time.

Rockhound :o

get you, really are?