Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sliding Hernia Hiatal

Rate this question

mountain tyme

Question

My husband is 10% s/c for Gerds which we are seeking an increase evaluation based on medical evidence..

but,,he had an upper I-G done and it shows he has a sliding Hernia hiatal would that be secondary to Gerds..or would they rate that along with Gerds

thank you

MT

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They wouldn't be able to rate both due to pyramiding. They'll have to rate one or the other. It is better to have the GERD rated than the hiatal hernia, because GERD can lead to esophogeal cancer, which of course can kill you. If he died due to a SC condition, then you are entitled to DIC.

90%, TDIU P&T

My husband is 10% s/c for Gerds which we are seeking an increase evaluation based on medical evidence..

but,,he had an upper I-G done and it shows he has a sliding Hernia hiatal would that be secondary to Gerds..or would they rate that along with Gerds

thank you

MT

MT

I was originally rated at 10 percent for Gerd with a Hiatal hernia. I NOD it (useing the form letter Berta has) Listed my symptoms and was raised to 30 percent. I would NOD it in a heartbeat

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim