Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Missed Appt

Rate this question

LOA

Question

I really need some help. I am part of the BDD (filing VA claim while processing for retirement from military). I had my 1st C/p which was phase 2 of my retirement physical and then my Nurse Pratictioner scheduled me for a Psyc eval for depression. She called and sccheduld the appointment and as she said it I wrote it down. 10:00 today- when I showed up for appointment they said it was scheduled for 10:00 yesterday and I no showed it. Now they say they can not reschedule it until I officially retire and get my initial claim. Some how this does not seem fair. My actual retirement date is not until Aug, which is when the claim will be adjudicated. I know without the C/P exam for depression they will not rate me, So I will have to refile. After what I read that could take forever. You would think that VA would want to get it right the first time. Also it looks like I didn't show up when in fact there was a misunderstanding on what date it was. The NP never gave me anything with the date and time but I am very careful about writing down everything because of my other illnesses.

Anyone have any ideas what I can or should do, now?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a script call the 800 number and ask for the C&P Pension Department. They can help you reschedule.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thank you all I will start making phone calls tommorrow. One thing I've learned from you all is don't give up and I won't. Cowgirl don't appologize you did not offend me. short memory and forgetfulness is a way of life but what you said gave me a great idea (how do I know it was my fault and can anyone prove it- no because VA didn't give me or send me anything). Hopeful this will help when I call. Thank you for the phone numbers. I will let you know how things work out. Also I am going to the base hospital tommorrow to see about talking to the physciatrics.

• HadIt.com Elder

LOA I hope all works out well for you and your appontment is honestly resolved quickly! Speaking of short term memory, I love sticky notes, but unless they are stapled or glued down, the become useless to my long term efforts. Can't exist without dayplanner/calendar myself. Glad the psych docs are helping me.Best to ya.cg

Thank you all I will start making phone calls tommorrow. One thing I've learned from you all is don't give up and I won't. Cowgirl don't appologize you did not offend me. short memory and forgetfulness is a way of life but what you said gave me a great idea (how do I know it was my fault and can anyone prove it- no because VA didn't give me or send me anything). Hopeful this will help when I call. Thank you for the phone numbers. I will let you know how things work out. Also I am going to the base hospital tommorrow to see about talking to the physciatrics.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!