Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Hekp Wirh C & P Exam Info

Rate this question



If you have a valid complaint against a C & P examiner, where would you go? Not only was the exam notes totally inaccurate, like maybe he used another veterans file for review, but I have a complaint on the way we were treated during the exam.

Hope someone could lead me in the right direction.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder

#1. Get a hard copy of your C&P Exam (result) from the Release Of Information (ROI) office at the VAMC where your C&P exam was conducted and fill out the necessary form.

#2. Compare your C&P Exam results to the VA's Disability Examination Worksheet, found here


#3. Write your chief complaints/arguments to the VARO.

#4. An independent medical exam would go a long way to refuting a negative VA medical exam!

Edited by Wings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

One way to ensure that the doctor is using the right file, is to ask them, before the examination, to read your last 4 digits of your C-File # off the computer screen.

The PRA and Nursing people will usually ensure that the C-File is yours, but you cannot necessarily trust the doctor, not to make a mistake when inputting data into a computer terminal.

Then, they often don't bother to verify that they have the right account. You have to live with the fact that Medical Education does not always equate with common sense. They make the kind of careless mistakes with administrative matters, that ADHD teenagers do.

:blink: B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The examiner had my husbands file, but it was in another office.. The problem is, everything in his report is erroneous. He tried to state that my husband is service connected for GU. He is not. He also tried to say that the meds he is taking which causes erectile dysfunction is for a prostrate gland problem, not PTSD. He also stated that the Urology Department confirmed this. First, my husband does not and has not had any prostrate problems. Second he has never been treated in the Urology Department for anything. Third, the only time he has ever been to the Urology Department was to pick up a prescription that was prescribed by his psychiatrist. Fourth, the med that he is talking about was prescribed to him by his psychiatrist for PTSD and is documented as such. Also, when he called the doctor by name that prescribed the med, he stated that she was from the Urology Department. How could that be. She is his psychiatrist. Also, he called her a he, not a she.

In his final opinion, he did state that the med he was looking at that my husband was taking did in fact cause erectile dysfunction, but it was due to the meds being prescribed for prostrate problems and not PTSD.

Since the examiner did state that this med does cause erectile dysfunction and my husband is taking it for PTSD (documented), not prostrate problems, can't this be used to get his claim approved?

Need your help with this one.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use