Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I have an appointment to view my C-file, anything special I should know. It only took a week for me to get this appt.

Thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Ruby,

I am not really familiar with your claim - sorry haven;t kept up with them all. :unsure: But I viewed my husband's C-file in Chicago last year.

I would suggest to have an idea of anything special you are looking for. My RO only allowed me one hour - with one of them in the room. They gave me post it notes to MARK any pages I wanted copied to send to me.

That was last July...still have't gotten any copies - so if you find something really important - try to see if they will copy it when you are there.

My husband's SMRs were NOT in order - which made it harder.

I wish I would have had more than one hour - since I drove a 10 hour round trip and didn't have time to see everything.

I had an appointment - but the worker at the intake desk was grouchy and asked to see the LETTER they had sent me - and tried to make me think I wouldn't get to see the file because I didn't bring my LETTER (to prove who I was).

I Got a bit snappy with her - informed her that I had driven 5 hours to get there, that the letter didn't state I had to bring it, that I had an APPOINTMENT IN MY NAME - and that my Driver's License Proved who I was.

I also sent in an IRIS complaint when I returned home about her rudeness. It was uncalled for and unwelcome.

Good question and Good luck!

Free

I have an appointment to view my C-file, anything special I should know. It only took a week for me to get this appt.

Thanks

Think Outside the Box!

Ruby,

I just got a complete 2nd copy of my file. I only wanted a few pages but since they were going to charge me $10.00 for the copy I told them to send the whole thing. It only took about 5 days from the time I sent the check until I had the copy at my door. I live in NC and the Winston-Salem RO is pretty good about things like this and answering IRIS's. On the other hand they are like most other RO's when it comes to ratings. You can expect only 10% on your 1st claim for an SC cond. It has taken me 6 years to go from first applying to 60%. I have an appeal in currently for TDIU which I should win, it is just a matter of time. :unsure: