Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

fishes

Question

Could someone clarify something for me? If a case is at the rating board is the case being judged at that point or is it sent to the rating board for determination of the % as the case has already been approved before going there. Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Both. It means that the pre-determination team has gathered all of the evidence and the rating team is weighing the evidence to determine whether or not you are SC'd and at what rating.

Please keep in mind that when a claim has been sent to the rating team (rating board) it simply means that the predetermination team has decided that all the evidence is there (as rental said) and they feel it is ready to rate. It DOES NOT mean a rater is actually working on your claim. It is in the rating area filed somewhere, waiting in line with all the other claims in the ratine area.

Once the rater does pull the file for review, then he/she will review it to insure that they have enough evidence to make a decision. If they agree that enough evidence is there they will review the claim and make a decision. If they feel that not enough evidence is available they will send it back to the pre-determination guys and gals and ask them to schedule a C&P, send you a letter asking for more evidence etc. Once this is complete then it is back off to the rating area.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the way the system works. When the rater begins to actuall work on the file is anybody's guess. However, being sent to the rating team is a significant event and a definite indication that your file/claim is on the move.

Please keep in mind that when a claim has been sent to the rating team (rating board) it simply means that the predetermination team has decided that all the evidence is there (as rental said) and they feel it is ready to rate. It DOES NOT mean a rater is actually working on your claim. It is in the rating area filed somewhere, waiting in line with all the other claims in the ratine area.

Once the rater does pull the file for review, then he/she will review it to insure that they have enough evidence to make a decision. If they agree that enough evidence is there they will review the claim and make a decision. If they feel that not enough evidence is available they will send it back to the pre-determination guys and gals and ask them to schedule a C&P, send you a letter asking for more evidence etc. Once this is complete then it is back off to the rating area.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the way the system works. When the rater begins to actuall work on the file is anybody's guess. However, being sent to the rating team is a significant event and a definite indication that your file/claim is on the move.

Thanks Ricky, they Gave me two C&Ps, one for my Hearing and one for I think for PTSD and TDIU, One done in Jan25 2008 and Hearing on Feb 8, 2008.Still have not heard anything yet. How long would you say it will take. Thanks again for your help

My AO death claim has been in the rating board 21 times since Jan 2006 and I didn't count how any times on my phone logs since Feb 2003 to Jan 2006.

The prime reason for this was due to the fact that my VCAA letter of July 2003 was not legal nor did I receive a VCAA response election notice.None of my evidence has been addressed by the VA yet.

It is in the rating board again.This time is different-I pulled something that they did not expect-

as long as you received a legal VCAA letter/election notice- (signed, election made and sent back to them)

and you have provided the evidence they requested-(meaning exactly what they stated in a highlighted statement in the VCAA letter)

you might see a decision in a few months.

Thanks Ricky, they Gave me two C&Ps, one for my Hearing and one for I think for PTSD and TDIU, One done in Jan25 2008 and Hearing on Feb 8, 2008.Still have not heard anything yet. How long would you say it will take. Thanks again for your help

Normally once C&P's are complete one will receive a decision anywhere from 30 days to 90 days with 45-60 being the true norm. I wish you well on the results. Stay with Hadit even after you receive your favorable decision. We can always use more experiences in assisting other veterans.