Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Have Any Suggestions

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello:

We are haveing quite a problem here and nobody with the Va 1-800 number can answer or offer any help so far.

My son checks have been lost or missing now since the first of Feb [ 2 checks now and the retro check] And today his check didn't arrive again.

Va said they sent them out on the first of Feb to this [ my address] we have called even to Austin Tx. They couldn't tell us anything either. We have checked to make sure they have the correct address and Zip. All is correct.

The Va was surposed to have put a tracer on this over a week ago. They even gave us a confirmation # for the Tracer. Found out today no tracer has been put on the missing checks.

We keep getting the run around from everyone at the VA we have contacted. I'm beginning to wonder if they have even mailed them out .

The post office told us to call the Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Office in Philadelphia. So we called the Va 800 # again and ask for that Number and they said they don't have it.

I'm ready to pull my hair out!! Does anyone have the number in Philly??

Anyone with any suggestions???

Thanks, Jessie :lol:

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello:

We are haveing quite a problem here and nobody with the Va 1-800 number can answer or offer any help so far.

My son checks have been lost or missing now since the first of Feb [ 2 checks now and the retro check] And today his check didn't arrive again.

Va said they sent them out on the first of Feb to this [ my address] we have called even to Austin Tx. They couldn't tell us anything either. We have checked to make sure they have the correct address and Zip. All is correct.

The Va was surposed to have put a tracer on this over a week ago. They even gave us a confirmation # for the Tracer. Found out today no tracer has been put on the missing checks.

We keep getting the run around from everyone at the VA we have contacted. I'm beginning to wonder if they have even mailed them out .

The post office told us to call the Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Office in Philadelphia. So we called the Va 800 # again and ask for that Number and they said they don't have it.

I'm ready to pull my hair out!! Does anyone have the number in Philly??

Anyone with any suggestions???

Thanks, Jessie :lol:

we had the same problem with two Chapter 35 school checks.. lost or i should say stolen ,,, there is a form you need to fill out to send to treasury but they do not give out the form you have to go GET it i went to the VA in Manila Philippines and got the form and its better you bring the student as they wanted my daughter to sign something before they would even give the form .. i guess to compare handwriting in case the check shows up as cashed... We sent the form in 30 days ago and we are still waiting.. the form was very short and asked the person who the checks are written to for a handwriting sample.. hope this helps

Use the online forum at www.va.gov. They normally answer your questions correctly it seems.

Go here:

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...r/cci/ask_1.php

further I would contact my local congressional representative. Tell them this is causing a great deal of financial hardship... etc.

Bob Smith

Use the online forum at www.va.gov. They normally answer your questions correctly it seems.

Go here:

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...r/cci/ask_1.php

further I would contact my local congressional representative. Tell them this is causing a great deal of financial hardship... etc.

Thanks six:

I sent this to iris on Friday. Waiting for the reply but still making the phone calls. Will contact the Congressional office tomorrow to see if they can help.

Jessie