• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Audit Of Retro Awards

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

Pretty much self explanatory:

Veteran/Inquirer 02/11/2008 12:50 PM

On 12/28/07 A DRO made a favorable decision on my case. I was notified of the decision(s) in a letter dated Jan 10, 2008. This decision changed the Effective date of my 100% award from April 6th 2006 to Jun 1st 2004.

Previous to that my combined rating was 80% effective June 1 2004, 90% effective July 25th 2005, and 100% effective April 6 2006.

The DVA owes me retro active pay for the differences of the 80% award effective June 1, 2004 VS 100% effective June 1, 2004 and the differences of the 90% award effective July 25th 2005 vs the 100% effective date of June 1, 2004.

I was wondering when I was going to receive the retro active payment?

Thank you.

after no answer for fourteen days I sent this

Veteran/Inquirer 02/25/2008 10:41 AM

I was wondering if I was going to get a answer to my question? or the retro pay? Its been 14 days since I submitted this IRIS Inquiry and no reply has been recvd. Thank you.

after not receiving a reply I filed a complaint via IRIS on last friday, then this morning I receive this in response to the first IRIS Inquiry.................

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

Your records reflect that your award has had some withholding up until May 1, 2006. It is also showing that you received a previous payment on May 15, 2007. It is not in our scope to audit your account through the IRIS system.

If you desire to have your award audited for any payments that you feel that you are entitled, it is your right to request such audit. You will need to send in to the Regional Office in Detroit a written statement. Please provide your VA file number on the correspondence and be specific in your request. The mailing address is:

477 Michigan Ave.

Detroit, MI 48226

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message. If at some future time we can help you on a different subject, you may submit a new inquiry at https://iris.va.gov, call us toll free at 1-800-827-1000, or visit our web site at www.va.gov.

Laurine J. Carson

Service Center Manager/eb

Wondering if I will get a answer to the complaint?, Now about the Audit, anyone had any experience with this crap? WHY DO WE HAVE TO KEEP DOING THIS BULLSHIT ! :P :lol::blink:

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I sent them a letter-NOT an NOD-

and said that although math isnt my strong suit- they either owed me 300-400 in DIC error or about 11,000 bucks was missing from a large retro check I just got that the Regional Counsel forced them to pay me

(this was due to a CUE claim I filed)

There was an audit statement of sorts in their award letter-

but once I started figuring it out it seemed completely wrong.It added uo to almost 30 thou- which is what I got-

and it 'looked' right

but when I calculated it -it was worng-

I sent them my math scratching and a copy of the historic rate charts etc- and 3 weels later I got the DIC check-300 there-and over $11,000 on the other error.

They WILL try to snooker us out of retro- they snooker millions from AO vets already and NVLSP caught them and they had to cough up the cash-

this is not deliberate-I dont think they would ever hold back anyones' deserved benefit-

(yeah right- I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale)

but they do make lots of mathematical errors-

it only took me 3 weeks to get the cash they owed me- this was the 3 rd time this happened to me-

in each case my letter to my RO went to finance department and they squared it away right away.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Wouldn't the audit only favor you regardless?

Huh?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

I was awarded 30% for radioculpathy a few weeks ago. My back pay only went back to the date when I had my c&p exam. They said it was the 1st time my condition was medically proven. I've been sending EMG's to them from 1981 showing radicuculpathy and I filed for benefits in 2002. They said the same thing last year when they raised my back from 20 to 40%. This isn't a mistake. Some low life thinks it's ok to steal money from vets and they are getting away with it. My service officer is going to try and fix it but I'm not holding my breath.

• HadIt.com Elder
Huh?

He's saying no harm-no foul if you send them a letter to audit your claim. It would only benefit you. I don't think you need an audit. You need to sit down and figure up the amount that they owe you and put it in a letter (with your rationale) and send it to the VSC manager, or the like.

90%, TDIU P&T