Rate this question

allan

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm leary of ANYTHING they try to pass to IMPROVE the system. Odds are that what they come up with will take away from us, not help us. Yes, the existing system is archaic, but, we have to understand that many of the favorable laws on the books were hard won cases in Veterans Court. Every time the court hands down a verdict that favors the Veteran, it sets legal precedence that favors those that come along later. Therefore updating the laws in our favor.

To completely revamp the laws is "throwing the baby out with the bath water". Also, we have to look at how long it will take us, SOs, the VA to ramp up to the new laws thereby taking even longer to get our claims decided.

Like I've said many times before...fine, you want to change it, just grandfather me in where I'm at now and change away.

jaz

I suspect when this terrible commission finally gets through with these changes that the veteran will lose compensation all the way around the board. I suspect that is the purpose of the commission. The only question that remains is just how much compensation will the veteran lose or is there anything that can stop it? I sure hope so. We certainly need to let our voices be heard; but we need all the SO's to go to bat for us and win and if they don't win and we lose; do we need to boycott them? If the service organizations were really earnestly trying to help the veteran; would not at least one of the service organization not have the information on their site such as hadit.com has and also have an email system setup where a vet could directly correspond with their SO rep when involved in a claim or appeal?

Danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder

There will be two classes of veterans those frozen in the old or grandfathered as long as they don't ask for anything else and those who take their chances with the new. The bottom line is that Uncle Sam will pay a lot less and that is all the whole thing is about. Our lovely Congress and current President hate paying for War.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete, I would like to believe that they would grandfather us but too much of the verbiage coming out of them speaks to "reevaluations" or "revisiting the rating structures", which to me says they're after all of us. We're way too expensive and taking away from their pork projects. Who was that jerk that said we were taking away from the war effort?

That's why I'm so adamant about fighting ANY change. Much is said here about to, or not to, contact our critters re: stalled claims but I advocate contacting them often about their lofty plans to "change the system". I know some occasions exist where our critters actually did make changes that actually did benefit one group or another but I'm sure most of us could easily come up with a list where they didn't.

Way too many cooks hovering over that broth. I have no confidence in their ability to make anything better. However, if enough Veterans contact them, protesting change, they start to think about voting blocks and getting re-elected. It's all about numbers.

Speaking to that, how often have we said that we Viet Vets need to organize and fight in numbers? Well, take a look at what the OIF/OEF Vets are doing...they have already banded together and have multible lawsuits against the VA re: healthcare and claims processing. They're many, their loud and I'll bet the critters are watching. If any Vets can change the system for the better, it's them.

jaz

There will be two classes of veterans those frozen in the old or grandfathered as long as they don't ask for anything else and those who take their chances with the new. The bottom line is that Uncle Sam will pay a lot less and that is all the whole thing is about. Our lovely Congress and current President hate paying for War.

i think the statement that IF A VET APPLIES FOR ANYTHING HE WILL BE PUT IN THE NEW SYSTEM SUBJECT TO RE EVAL.. They just want the claims to stop from all of us old timers who as we get older find ourselves in worst physical shape with our SC illness