Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doc's And Letters

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

When a disabled Veteran goes to his PC Dr. and asks for a letter relating to treatment given at the VA and the Dr. outright refuses to put anything in writting what should be the Vets next step?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When a disabled Veteran goes to his PC Dr. and asks for a letter relating to treatment given at the VA and the Dr. outright refuses to put anything in writting what should be the Vets next step?
I have a similar problem. I have symptoms galore but the doc doesn't want to put any comment as to related causes of the conditions. Says that's C&P's department. For the record he's a good doc, does real good for his patients care. just determined to stay out of that one area, darnit.

This has nothing to do with any VA claim, I am required by an employer to undergo a polygraph exam, due to my PTSD and recent open Heart Surgery the polygraph examiner wants a letter from the doctor to clear me for the exam, (say that I am cleared for this stressful exam by the doctor)

I am sorry that you pc doc is causing such issues.

It really does not make since that he is reluctant to sign something of this nature.

Have you typed something up that basically says your medically cleared to take a polygrapgh and then just asked him to put a scribble (you can never read a docs writing) on the line that says Doctor's Signature?

Just a suggestion, sometimes they are more willing to sign someting if it appears harmless and quick.

You might also try a different doctor than you primary care doc. I have gotten more assistance from my VA cardiologist than I have ever gotten from my VA PC Doc and all the other VA docs put together. So you might want to hit up another one of your docs just to see. It can not hurt to ask.

Hope it works out for ya! Good luck.

Donewsome

With 210% service connected -John-

aren't you totally unable to work?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Berta, the work I do is volunteer work for a major charity and I handle large ammounts of cash for them, I am required to take a polygraph once a year to protect them and myself.

John- my only concern was that I thought this would provide you with some income that the VA could possibly question down the road-but I see you meant a volunteer job-

I dont see why a doctor would not make you excempt from the polygraph-

It would only add to your stress-

I know what you mean- I had to get run through the FBI and fingerprinted to do volunteer work for the VA.

And I also was run through 4 more times-twice for county employment-and twice

because my daughter was Top Secret Military and then she became classified as a veteran and top secret federal employee-and they sure checked me out too-to make sure I wasn't some nut or some felon etc -

One FBI guy even checked out my cat-Ha Ha-

I hope you make out OK with the medical statement you need.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

His reluctance is probably due to the fact that if he clears you and you kick the bucket during or right after the exam he has opened himself up to a malpractice issue. Their is really no way to make him issue such a statement. This is a hard one........I am very familar with taking the poly and have never run into such a situation even though I have suffered a stroke. I guess the federal poly guys don't care about your health as long as they do not see a medication that would/could affect the outcome they just strap you and put you through the wringer.