Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

File Sent For Medical Opinion?

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

My claim is on appeal and I've filed an NOD. I called VARO to check on my file. I was told it had been sent to my VAMC not for a C&P exam but to get a medical opinion. I am told a C&P exam was requested 12/26/07 but so far nobody knows anything about it. Now this.

I have been posting here so some may by now be familiar with me, but to recap, I injured an ankle and was diagnosed w/flat feet in service. I am 10% for flat feet, 20% for the ankle and 10% for tinnitus with 0 but sc for bilateral hearing.

But I am ruint with arthritis. Diagnosed with "severe debilitating arthritis" and "osteoarthritis." I am so far denied on R ankle, both knees, hip, low back pain and peripheral neuropathy as secondary conditions.

I haven't gotten them to give me MRI yet but know to get that done.

But back to my file. I presume someone will order a C&P if needed. Otherwise, what would be the reason, what would they be looking for with this "medical opinion"? I'm guessing to see if there is connection of my secondary conditions. I haven't had this done with my file before now so I'm rather confused.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

jayg

Many years ago the rating teams had a doctor assigned to them to answer any questions they had. When a file was sent to this doctor it would be noted in the file and in any decision what opinion the doctor made. In recent years I have heard some posts on hadit that the rating teams seldom have a doctor working with them.

This could be a similar type of request for medical input. If you ask me it is better than having them do nothing with your claim.

Hoppy

100% for Angioedema with secondary conditions.

The RO sent my claim out for a medical opinion in December on my Heart Disease claim.

The opinion just so happened to partially benfit me so I am glad they did.

I would agree with hoppy at least you know they are trying to work the claim.

Donewsome

jayg If you ask me it is better than having them do nothing with your claim.

Thanks guys. Glad I decided to look in. The reply count was reading 0. :angry:

My initial filing to decision time was over 2 years. I know about nothing happening. <_<

But strangely, there's actually been considerable activity in the past several months. Got an ankle sc 20% and the flat feet 0% then got them increased to 10%. Got a SSOC denied all secondary conditions across the board then another shortly after 'suggesting' I needed my arthritis connected for TDIU.

Mybe this opinion thing is about that?

Like you say though, glad things are happening.

Edited by Jayg