Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Aid Before Cmp Is This Common

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey I have had a claim in for years I kept asking the Docs for a hearing consult told nothing. I got a new Doc he got me in now after over 4 years I got my hearing aid for the right ear and still no cmp in sight. Is this common or am I the ususal case. The ears still rings all the time but at least I do not have to blast the TV. Thanks have a good day......

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have my VA issued hearing aid and VA stated no increase at this time,

evaluation remains service connected at zero % for my hearing loss.

I am not stone cold deaf enough yet, lol.

The main thing is that it was at least granted as SC'd.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hey I guess I should have checked back with you all, I have a buddy much like myself he got 0% hearing loss, 10% tinitus. I Have the same thing verified through the VA Clinic I got the records and sent them in but my hearing loss is in only 1 ear and so is the ringing. I was told by the lady who did the testing that the ringing would not stop but at least with the hearing aid I could get some relief. I do thank you for the help. I submited all my post induction hearing test in service hearing test and seperation hearing test results for my claim. I took them to a civilian Doc he told me by the results he would not have a problem determing the claim but he is not the one I have to look towards. Have a good day and thanks to all...

Hey I guess I should have checked back with you all, I have a buddy much like myself he got 0% hearing loss, 10% tinitus. I Have the same thing verified through the VA Clinic I got the records and sent them in but my hearing loss is in only 1 ear and so is the ringing. I was told by the lady who did the testing that the ringing would not stop but at least with the hearing aid I could get some relief. I do thank you for the help. I submited all my post induction hearing test in service hearing test and seperation hearing test results for my claim. I took them to a civilian Doc he told me by the results he would not have a problem determing the claim but he is not the one I have to look towards. Have a good day and thanks to all...

Have you asked that civilian doc if he would put his opinion on paper and sign it?

If he will, you can send it in and it may help your claim.

Donewsome

Almost every Vet I know that has been rated for hearing loss is rated as service connected 0%, only know of two who are rated at 10%

Well now you know 3 who has 10% for hearing loss. Yep guess I am stone cold deft in both ears, I guess to get a higher than 10 % you have to have had your ears cut off or something. Sgt D

"Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the Way"

well here is the final results I had my C/P and the Doctor who examened me stated in his report that with my records and the entry and exit exam showing a hearing loss it was a 50/50 chance that my hearing loss was a result of my military service I told him of a accident that I was seen as a result of a shower unit cooking off in the Filed during bearhunt in 186 in Korea where i was treated and it was documented that my mentioned hearing test on exit from the service showed a hearing loss. I will advise I was told that 4 different claims were rated yesterday and I should hear something this week or next crossing everything I can cross. Have a good day thanks for all your help

Hey to wrap it up I got 0% for hearing loss 10% for Tinunitus Just wanted to clsoe this one out no new news I expected 10% for ringing in my ears but that was about it. Have a good day...