Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy

Rate this topic

Guest Dataman

Guest Dataman

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/periphe...lneuropathy.htm

Ok on the "capsaicin topical cream" for about 3 weeks. Hot sauce for the Feet. So far it's a Dud, Zero. Does nothing. Well unless I get some in the Eyes or Nose. Burns when wet. Reminds me of when I ask for the Really Hot Sala at Mexican Place I go to. Hotter than Hell in Mouth. Same effect on my feet!

I have L4-5 Damage in Spine and lots of Pain in the Feet. Had Nerves removed (Morton's Neuroma) already. Been there done that, have the TShirt to Prove it!

Anyone else with this fun ailment?

Some of the Suggested Drugs:

several antiepileptic drugs, including gabapentin, phenytoin, and carbamazepine; and some classes of antidepressants, including tricyclics such as amitriptyline

I can live with it if I don't overdue use of shoes and too much walking. But sometimes hard shoes are required.

Anyone else have this and found the magic cure?

It was caused by Military Vehicle Accident. Big Van blowout at 65mph and rolled it across Interstate. I know what it feels like to be in your Clothes Dryer!

Edited by Dataman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Peripheral Neuropathy due to my DMII.

I currently and taking Gabapentin 1800mg a day for it.

I am sure the fact that I also take Morphine, Tramadol, and Ibuprophen helps with it as well.

When I am not on the medication, it gets very severe.

I have chronic foot drop, hammer toes, and claw toes which the C&P examiner attributed as being caused by my Peripheral Neuropathy also.

So not only do I get the fun of the burning tingling sensations in my feet and legs, but I also have some spots in my feet and legs that are completely without feeling and I can not tell where my foot is in relation to my body at any given time.

If someone posts a magic cure, I will be in line after you to thank them, as I would love to be rid of this disease.

Donewsome

• HadIt.com Elder

I take Gabapentin for mine and I know it helps a lot cause when I forget to take it I really pay 6 hours later.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no cure for PN. The thing to do is to take very good care of your feet and attend to even minor cuts or sores on your feet. If they even start to look bad get to a doctor. This is how people with PN end up have their feet amputated. I know someone it happened to because he ignored a sore on his foot. My feet hurt from a host of reasons. I got orthotics and all kinds of treatments. My feet still hurt. Don't let anyone cut on your feet telling you they can fix them.

Guest Vietnam Tanker

John K, Amen to that, I too suffer with PN of both legs and both arms, and I am very watchful, the local clinic considers me a pain in the a**, because anything out of the norm and I am there, rather be a pain than legless.