• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vba Director Who Got Big Va Bonus

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfMAR08/nf032508-7.htm

in part:

"COLUMBIA, S.C., /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American

Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) today challenged the Department of Veterans Affairs to remove Carl Hawkins, Jr., regional director at the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) in Columbia, S.C. amid allegations of sexual harassment, age discrimination, and racial discrimination. Over the last two years, the VBA regional director and his managers have been named in dozens of discrimination suits including allegations of pay disparity, retaliation and violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, resulting in civil and administrative settlements of over $500,000. However, instead of being removed from his post, Hawkins received $50,000 in bonuses over the same two-year time span. AFGE has called on the National VA to launch an investigation to uncover Hawkins' abuses of authority since taking office."

OUTRAGEOUS!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ohhh now I get it.

That is why they low balled me and only gave me 60% on my Heart Diseases.

They needed to save some extra money to pay this fool a bonus for doing a crap job, and to pay the settlements for him doing things that are very wrong.

I say they should pour some honey on him and tie him near a Fire Ant mound.

Donewsome

• HadIt.com Elder

same office that has been messing me over for 6 years now I wonder what the local paper does with this?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Although I rarely take a side in stuff like this the whole thing may be political. Its the Union suing a VA Boss after all.

Don't get me wrong I believe in Unions its just I know that they really attack on occasion.If the allegations are true I would not be surprised either.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I say they should pour some honey on him and tie him near a Fire Ant mound.

Come on Don. You know that is not the government way. This will probably get him a promotion or a cabinet position.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfMAR08/nf032508-7.htm

in part:

"COLUMBIA, S.C., /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American

Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) today challenged the Department of Veterans Affairs to remove Carl Hawkins, Jr., regional director at the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) in Columbia, S.C. amid allegations of sexual harassment, age discrimination, and racial discrimination. Over the last two years, the VBA regional director and his managers have been named in dozens of discrimination suits including allegations of pay disparity, retaliation and violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, resulting in civil and administrative settlements of over $500,000. However, instead of being removed from his post, Hawkins received $50,000 in bonuses over the same two-year time span. AFGE has called on the National VA to launch an investigation to uncover Hawkins' abuses of authority since taking office."

OUTRAGEOUS!

It will happen everytime. Give a guy lots of power and money and he will think he is God and sets the rules of life for everyone around him. He won't have any compassion for others. The love of money is the root of all evil. If they really get to digging into this, he has probably spend government money for personal use.

I know a guy that wrote the white house a letter about VA injustices and they responded with, thank you for you correspondance, we will turn this matter over the experts in this area, the Veteran's Administration.

Danang_1969

Edited by danang_1969