Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Primary Care Visit

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

I went for a visit 3 weeks ago to my PC i recieved the progress notes the other day and sat down for a review and there are some changes on how they write this up.Instead of a GAF Score i believe now they use a Depression screening of PHQ. anyone else have this ? Thank you.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The ptsd clinic I go to has been using this for at least the last 3 visits. The nurse gives it to me, but the psych. takes it from me and adds up the score. She has not explained it to me. The meds you take will make you feel better, but in their eyes is this enough to give you minor instead of major depression. My doctor is determined to cure me of the ptsd. I have to visit her at least once a month. I don't like her attuide and I would like to tell her off, but I only drive 12 miles to the clinic. If I stop seeing her I would have to drive about 75 miles to another clinic.

Thank You for your input i appreciate it.How is that possible when i have already contacted Gen Counsel they told me i have to resolve this with the hospital i also contacted VISN they too said the same to contact the Chief of medical at the Hospital.Then how do i approach this clinical appeal of records?Which are incorrect and thank you all

Is this the supposed depression screen that we are discussing?

I have been asked the questions from a depression screen two times in four years, once at the VAMC while seeing my cardiologist and once at my pcp asked by the intake nurse.

In my records though, it shows that I was supposedly given this screening sixteen times and on each time, it shows a negative screen except the two times I was actually asked the questions.

I just assumed they skipped the questions and it didnt matter, but if they can use that later to deny or reduce a benefit, I will be all over them to fix it.

If this is not what your talking about, im sorry.

Donewsome

Yes Donews this is correct. This is what PC wrote on PN PHQ-2 Screen was performed.the score was 1 which is a negative screen depression.

I guess I will go back and ask what needs to be done to correct the records.

It might be easier for me because I have a trail of medical records showing MDD since at least 2003 from both private and VA doctors, so it would be pretty hard for them to say I didn't have MDD.

They also show a PTSD screen that I supposedly answered several times over four years, and I was actually only given the screen one time and it was positive.

Oh well, guess I will be reading my records again.

Just when I think I read them for the last time for a while, then something else comes along.

Its not gainful employment, but dealing with the VA is a FULL TIME job and then some.

I honestly belive if I were to have a job doing the same amount of work as dealing witht he VA in the real world, it would pay like fifty grand a year.

Donewsome

Yes Donews you are correct again. and in my SMR the information is there to support MMD they just don't like to read this is very obvious or are looking to change diagnose.Yes for the effort and endurance of this abuse is intolerable,like you stated and no compensation to show for babysitting these professionals?