Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Citalopram

Rate this question

windy city

Question

I have been taken citalophram for about three years for my depresion and ptsd, one of the side effects that I have is that I have loss interest and ability to perform. I been thinking about telling my Dr. but I feel embarresed to tell him. Do not know what to do. Please advice.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have been taken citalophram for about three years for my depresion and ptsd, one of the side effects that I have is that I have loss interest and ability to perform. I been thinking about telling my Dr. but I feel embarresed to tell him. Do not know what to do. Please advice.

I have the same problem, which is a huge change in me. I know these are typical side effects for most psych drugs, however, I have heard if you get this documented you may be compensated. SMC K I believe? Loss of creativity. I will be sure to monitor this thread to see what is advised. I think I will tell my doc about this at my appt on the 20th. I will post what she says.

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.

-Patrick Henry

The first step is talking about it, at least you were able to discuss it.

It may seem embarressing (sp) but it is ok, not your fault, just an unfortunate side effect of depression, diabetes, heart disease, medications and such.

I started having a problem over 10 years ago.

The VA gave me service connection for " loss of creative organ" with the smc k its around $80.00 or $90.00 more a month.

As far as I know that is the only comp you can receive for it.

If it is a medication side effect, maybe you can ask to be changed to another medication.

I would assume your best bet for service connection would be as secondary to your depression and / or ptsd, I would think that would be easier than claiming it as secondary to medication.

If you feel confident enough to discuss it with the doctor, I would. Go ahead and claim it as you should claim anything that is caused by your service, as you are due the compensation.

I am sorry you have to deal with this, I know how tough it can seem sometimes.

Donewsome

Windy,

Same thing with me. I came to the conclusion that my doctor (who I trust) is like my priest. Instead of helping me with my spirituality, my doctor is my link to living life in the best manner possible. Doctors take an oath and they probably have seen it all and done it all. That oath requires them to be your Care-Giver. After I came to that conclusion, it was much easier to discuss - and I sure was glad that I did. If you are still too embarrased, send a letter to him with the words in your post or something similar. Mark the envelope as "CONFIDENTIAL TO BE READ BY DR. XXXXX ONLY". I hope this helps, because the sooner you tell, the sooner you will find out your options. Good luck and remember that you are only 1 of millions of men with this problem. Fog

The first step is talking about it, at least you were able to discuss it.

It may seem embarressing (sp) but it is ok, not your fault, just an unfortunate side effect of depression, diabetes, heart disease, medications and such.

I started having a problem over 10 years ago.

The VA gave me service connection for " loss of creative organ" with the smc k its around $80.00 or $90.00 more a month.

As far as I know that is the only comp you can receive for it.

If it is a medication side effect, maybe you can ask to be changed to another medication.

I would assume your best bet for service connection would be as secondary to your depression and / or ptsd, I would think that would be easier than claiming it as secondary to medication.

If you feel confident enough to discuss it with the doctor, I would. Go ahead and claim it as you should claim anything that is caused by your service, as you are due the compensation.

I am sorry you have to deal with this, I know how tough it can seem sometimes.

How do you write a claim for this condition?