Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Board Features Some New Some You May Not Know About

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

you may want to grab a cup of coffee and go through this slowly i think it will make your expereience here more productive and pleasant.

Please post your questions about any of these features in the members forums

Some Features for you to check out

New and less known Features

Social Networking

Social networking is the hottest thing on the internet - but it's more than just a buzzword, it's also an important concept. User networking creates relationships.

User profiles now display an overview of a users activity on the board and add comments to each others profiles.

Friends Lists

Your users can add other users to their Friends lists, enabling them to easily track what their friends are doing on the board. Of course, user privacy is paramount, so users have the option of approving friends and comments in their profile before they are shown, and can delete comments people have made on them at any time.

Community Calendar

User birthdays are also displayed, providing a user has chosen to enter their date of birth.

Other Relevant Features

* Support for AIM, MSN, Yahoo! and ICQ screen-names

* Built-in user-to-user email system, without divulging addresses

* Complete private messaging system between users

Posting

Posting is an essential aspect of any bulletin board system, being the primary method by which users interact within the community. It's therefore important that the tools provided for posting are powerful, comprehensive and yet simple to use. We've worked hard to ensure all three of these criteria are satisfied in IP.Board.

Attachment Manager

Users can attach as many files as necessary (within your specified limits) to their posts, but now they need not wait for the file to transfer to continue writing a post. (Please try to keep these attachments small to save space)

Rich-text Editor (Updated)

While BBCode provides an easy way of formatting posts, for many users it's no substitute for seeing the formatting as you type - like you would in a word processor. IP.Board features an advanced, yet easy-to-use Rich-text Editor that does just that, for users that use a modern browser.

BBCodes

BBCodes are a simple way of stylizing posts by adding formatting such as font colors and sizes. IP.Board has many BBCodes defined out of the box for common formatting options, but also gives you the option of creating custom BBCodes that users can utilize in posts. Setting them up is a cinch, and can save time and effort for your users.

Emoticons

Emoticons are small graphics used on the Internet to infer a real-life emotion felt by the poster. IP.Board includes a multitude of high-quality emoticons out of the box, but you can also use the built-in emoticon manager to add as many other emoticons as you wish. It only takes a single click for users to insert emoticons into their posts!

Other Relevant Features

* Inline post editor

* Advanced poll system allowing multiple polls with multiple answers

* Automatic thumbnails created for uploaded images

Three Forum Views

There are three types of forum view in IP.Board, with something to suit all users. The default 'linear' view displays replies one after the other - the norm for modern bulletin board systems. A traditional threaded (or 'outline') view is available for those that prefer the view that forums of the past offered, and for those that desire more, 'linear+' offers the best of both linear and threaded views.

Lo-Fi Display

IP.Board includes a 'lo-fi' display option, which presents your forum content in a barebones, no-frills format. This option is great for users if they are accessing your board via a non-traditional device, such as a cellphone or PDA, or if they simply want a stripped-down version of your content with the minimum of fuss.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet