Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nys Combat Disabled Veteran

Rate this question

Berta

Question

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This can easily happen to me and some of us on this forum too. This is the result of simple math ( 140k troops for both wars but only around 600k serving ) and how weak our military is. Obviously, and without the typical military blunder, this young soldier will not be able to past the physical to be deployed, or unless they changed the rules again.

The other pathetic part is that his VA comp. pay must be offset by his military pay.

I can't wait until GW and his oil buddies move out of DC. Perhaps things will be better for all of us.

There is more to this story-

I just got a Google alert-on it- I hope that we will be covering this tonight at SVR radio- I will be sure that we do anyhow-

http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/324426.html

Obviously there is a way out of this deployment-

but this article shows the dilemma this SC veteran is in-

and yet the tell another Afganistan vet (full story at VA Watchdog) that -with severe dehabilitating disabilies from

Afganistan-that he doesnt even have a ratable condition.

I guess he too will get an attempt from the Mil to be deployed.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta, I saw that story the other day here in Rochester and just laughed... at the Gov't of course. I gotta think that if this kid had sought out a medical discharge he would fall under a different re-enlistment code and therefore not be able to be called up. Also, doing the math, he is 7 years from his original enlistment date... so if they do call him up do you think he will just get to go home at the exact date he hits 8 years? I doubt it... good old STOP LOSS! The numbers in that one story that say there are less than 6000 troops from the IRR... yeah, well I am sure that if you get STOP LOSSED before you ever leave active duty, you never went into the IRR to be counted in that amount. I wish him getting on the news here and in B-Lo would make a difference, but I PROMISE all that is going to do is make sure some **** keeps him on active duty to break his **** for going to the press.

Berta, I saw that story the other day here in Rochester and just laughed... at the Gov't of course. I gotta think that if this kid had sought out a medical discharge he would fall under a different re-enlistment code and therefore not be able to be called up. Also, doing the math, he is 7 years from his original enlistment date... so if they do call him up do you think he will just get to go home at the exact date he hits 8 years? I doubt it... good old STOP LOSS! The numbers in that one story that say there are less than 6000 troops from the IRR... yeah, well I am sure that if you get STOP LOSSED before you ever leave active duty, you never went into the IRR to be counted in that amount. I wish him getting on the news here and in B-Lo would make a difference, but I PROMISE all that is going to do is make sure some **** keeps him on active duty to break his **** for going to the press.

Quint7

I never will forget stop loss. Iwent on one last deployment to saudi was supposed to be from August to Dec 2001. Well we all know what happened on Sept 11th, So when I returned from my deployment with a march 1st retirement date that was a no go. I WAS STOP LOSSED after 23 years in the service. Then I was scheduled to retie on April 1st 2003. Well IRAQ kicked off. If my retirement date was May 1st I would have got stoped loss again

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim