Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Claim Approved

Rate this topic

Guest Ryan

Just found out today I have gotten approved for Ptsd / Major depression. I just filed for SC in dec with a pretty well grounded claim. Don't expect anything in a timely manner even though all my ducks are in a row, and I've attached all pertaining med. records to ROI/Stressor sheets. I am however pretty stoked not having to enguage in any thermonuclear exchanges with Social Sec. :blink:

Came in the nick of time too. Not able to work from years of extreme spikes in blood pressure expanding the end of my blood vessels in my brain. (not good) It showed up as white focci material in an MRI. Bad headaches is an understatement.

On max meds for blood pressure, with little effect without controling anxiety. Gonna have to get a grip on it more and more. This is a huge relief in that area.

I really appreciate all the good info on this board.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you formally filed for TDIU? If so this award for PTSD is postive proof of TDIU.

I am assuming the award is solely for PTSD-

are these conditions also related to your service?

"Not able to work from years of extreme spikes in blood pressure expanding the end of my blood vessels in my brain. (not good) It showed up as white focci material in an MRI. Bad headaches is an understatement."

Have you formally filed for TDIU? If so this award for PTSD is postive proof of TDIU.

I am assuming the award is solely for PTSD-

are these conditions also related to your service?

"Not able to work from years of extreme spikes in blood pressure expanding the end of my blood vessels in my brain. (not good) It showed up as white focci material in an MRI. Bad headaches is an understatement."

Not yet but TDIU was gonna be next as I am just beginning to find out the whole process with this stuff.

I have had a 20% rating for a long time for a messed up ankle, but have been in total denial of my ptsd since getting out in '96.

The mri finding according to my VA clinic director is probably secondary to the blood pressure problem which is secondary to the anxiety from the ptsd. It sems like a huge domino effect.

I also have had breathing problems for about 8 years with a myoplasm titer in my blood, but have no documented proof of it being SC. The ptsd is however pretty well documented in the form of when I was in the service I had been seen on base for anxiety, but denied a problem with it later, and diagnosed with major depression. As you all know it is a by product of ptsd. So the fact that I was sent to the camp pendleton mainside hospital for an eval of anxiety problems even though I denied it later is proof of there being an issue with it.

I have noticed a pretty severe cycle of anxiety, emotional numbness, resuting in somatic problems ( headaches, muscle spasms, joint pain, cognative problems etc.) followed be depression. In my state of depression I just block everything and feel nothing. No emotions, no anxiety, no motivation, no caring for myself or others. Broken is the best way to describe it.

Had seen combat in Somalia, and have most of my records from meps to discharge. I sent in my VA claim with my Social Sec. claim, and vise versa, so everyone is on the same page. I spelled everything out, and crossed all the Ts etc. This is probably why I got approved so easily. They didn't interview me or call my references or anything.

I am currently seeing a VA Doc. (The director of my clinic) and two counselors. One at the VA, and one at the Vet Center. I also go to ptsd groups at the Vet Center.

Anyway that's the short version. :blink::rolleyes:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use