much.

I did call the toll free number today to ask them about my NOD for

headaches. They said they had no record of it, only a NOD for chronic

anxiety.

Well bless Pete, I had the letter from the DRO stating he had

received my NOD of the March 2004 decision for service connection

for chronic anxiety and service connection for headaches dated July

I have been around the block with the appeal on the chronic anxiety

and never had a chance to mention the NOD also included headaches.

The R.O has been telling me I had not filed one. Yes, I did.

The guy typed in some info to re-open the headache claim and said the

R.O would be asking for a copy of this letter within the next three

weeks.

He said an error had been made. This was to also re-open the claim

for headaches back to 1992. ( I gave up on the 1978)

Now, I need to wait on the TDIU Form is this correct?

Thanks,

Betty

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

In addition to the NOD - did you perfect the appeal for headaches too? I know it would be hard to sort out because they messed the whole thing around playing games. I think that is part of the game - tying the whole claim in knots.

Do your doctors say your headaches are related to the anxiety. Or are they still calling them vascular?

If you mentioned the headaches on the perfected appeal, as well as the NOD - OR even mentioned ALL issues, or something like that - then you could ask them to adjudicate your unadjudicated headache appeal.

If they did - that would certainly save time for sure. Rather than taking it back up through the BVA.

I would also hold off on mentioning they are totally controlled by medicine on the TDIU claim....as long as you have an active claim on them. Kind of leave it where you can go either way on the issue. Or rather than say they are controlled by medicine - mention the headaches are being TREATED with medication - as they HAVE BEEN SINCE SERVICE - and though they are disabling, they don't have near the impact on your employability as your anxiety does.

Free

I want to receive my husband's 11 years of retro before I stir up

much.

I did call the toll free number today to ask them about my NOD for

headaches. They said they had no record of it, only a NOD for chronic

anxiety.

Well bless Pete, I had the letter from the DRO stating he had

received my NOD of the March 2004 decision for service connection

for chronic anxiety and service connection for headaches dated July

I have been around the block with the appeal on the chronic anxiety

and never had a chance to mention the NOD also included headaches.

The R.O has been telling me I had not filed one. Yes, I did.

The guy typed in some info to re-open the headache claim and said the

R.O would be asking for a copy of this letter within the next three

weeks.

He said an error had been made. This was to also re-open the claim

for headaches back to 1992. ( I gave up on the 1978)

Now, I need to wait on the TDIU Form is this correct?

Thanks,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

In addition to the NOD - did you perfect the appeal for headaches too? I know it would be hard to sort out because they messed the whole thing around playing games. I think that is part of the game - tying the whole claim in knots.

Actually today is the first day the VA has even recognized there was a NOD. Considering Dr. Lexxx made such a big splash about the headaches being my problem in service, hard to tell what they will do with it now.

Do your doctors say your headaches are related to the anxiety. Or are they still calling them vascular?

Migraine with E.R visits for shots of Demerol for years and years.

I will have to go back through the mess again. Perhaps this time, the VA will have to acknowledge the post medical records from 1965 - 1979.

If you mentioned the headaches on the perfected appeal, as well as the NOD - OR even mentioned ALL issues, or something like that - then you could ask them to adjudicate your unadjudicated headache appeal.

Yes the headaches are mentioned as # 1 chronic anxiety, #2. headaches. The VA should be able to use the records they already have to rate this claim and they can also use their Non Service Connected Records.

If they did - that would certainly save time for sure. Rather than taking it back up through the BVA.

This one will have to first be decided by the DRO. I have never received anything from the VA except. Receipt of the NOD. This was done when I turned in both the " New and both Material evidence.

Remember the NSC rated headaches at 10%

I would also hold off on mentioning they are totally controlled by medicine on the TDIU claim....as long as you have an active claim on them.

I will for I live off of medication for them. They are not as bad as they used to be, but then again I live off sedatives.

Kind of leave it where you can go either way on the issue. Or rather than say they are controlled by medicine - mention the headaches are being TREATED with medication - as they HAVE BEEN SINCE SERVICE - and though they are disabling, they don't have near the impact on your employability as your anxiety does.

That would be the truth.

I will be anxious to see what they do with this one. Of course this is mentioned on my form - 9 - No one will address my NOD for headaches.

Thanks,

Betty

Free