Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fastest Va Response Ever

Rate this question

rattattat

Question

On June 12 , I mailed a request for reconsideration asking for a higher percent on 2 separate ratings that my friend Dave got in his award on May 28.

We received a big fat letter today from the VA. This is the fastest response that I have ever heard of, 4 days! It contained the usual stuff about the evidence we submitted, and asked if there more, the form to decide now or wait 60 days etc.

If only it would take them 4 days to decide that he deserves a higher rate. Wouldn't that be nice.

His most recent medical records support the higher rate according to the rating schedule, and they show that he has not improved in 4 years, shows getting worse.

I just wonder how long it will actually be before he gets the decision. Does a request for reconsideration drag along as slow as the original claim?

Thanks for being here for all the vets.

Sandy

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It appears to go faster. The reviewers are more experienced DRO level people who can actually reverse a previous decision.

4 days from claim to recipt of a letter is the fastest I have seen so far. I thought 15 days from C@P to the retro was fast.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.