VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Info Help

Rate this question

mike fitton

Question

Hi,

I'm new to hadit, I am really thrilled to learn about it. I have been fighting with the va ,my knees and feet are in bad shape. I operated a bulldozer with manual foot clutches in vn. the tracks turned like on a tank by pushing in on clutchs, 12 hours and 7 days a week. I dont know how I can find out if anyone has the same problem from a bulldozer or tank. I really need some info. in dealing with the va, thank you in advance. please use this email adress, when I was registering aol shut me off so my registration was screwed up, flpickin@aol.com. mike fitton

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Hadit Mike and thank you for your service.

Mike -Welcome aboard-

I dont know if you were in Engineers, or what your unit was- but they might have a web site-

On the dozer- in your claim I would suggest that you explain this job in some detail to the VA- as to how you needed to use your feet and knees-

Your MOS listed on your DD 214 might not reflect at all- what this involved.

Also on the net you might be able to access a picture or some details as to how the dozer operated-showing the VA you had to use your lower extremeties and it was not just a matter of turning on an ignition key and using hand gears.

Do you have your complete service records?

What stage is your claim at?

An Independent Medical opinion might be costly but could well support you claim as to the Nexus factor- meaning -the linkage to your service of your present problems.

If a doctor could state, with some expertise, that your present disabilities more than likely were due to the work you did on the dozers in Vietnam, without any other etiology-(or any other possible reason)

this would certainly help your claim. Unless your VA doctor would do that?

If you get treatment for this at VA I would sure ask the doctor to opine on the link to your service.

You need to tell it like the VARO adjudicators are 12 years old-

unless they too worked on a dozer- they wont have a clue how this could affect someone.

Berta

to add to my post-

this might help-some sites listed there for Army Engineers

http://www.armyengineer.com/Vet_news.htm

Also Military.com (takes only minutes to join and post) -under Looking For -might be of some help to find others with your Vietnam MOS

There are photos of D 9s on the web but I have not found any specs yet- and the pictures dont show cab interiors-

If this is what you used- a D 9- the ones in Iraq are computerized -

I wouldn't want the VA to get this mixed up with what you operated.

Veteran- Vietnam? anything else you need to put into your claim?

Now is the time to put it all in the claim.