VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tricare Fee Increase

Rate this question

wallyg

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tom Philpott | December 08, 2005

Defense Department officials have drafted plans to raise TRICARE enrollment fees and deductibles sharply over the next three years for military retirees under age 65 and their families, about three million beneficiaries.

If the changes touted by senior Defense officials are adopted, annual enrollment fees for TRICARE Prime, the military’s managed care option, would triple by October 2008 for working-age retired officers and double for enlisted retirees.

Yearly deductibles for retirees using TRICARE Standard, the fee-for-service health insurance option, would double for officers and rise by a third for enlisted. Also, for the first time retirees who use TRICARE Standard would pay an enrollment fee in addition to their deductible.

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,82291,00.html

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

That's always been the case...republicans cut taxes (mostly for the rich) then increase fees on everything that middle class america uses. In the end, as has been proven with bush, the average american has a worse debt to income ratio under republican control. The only real problem is that the idiots that vote for them only hear "cut taxes" and "no new taxes" and are too stupid to realize they just had to file bankruptcy because they can no longer aford their house /sigh.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I guess I need to speak my mind here. I have been on this Board since we came over from the old DAV Board several years ago, have had a couple alias name changes. When I posted under Social Chat a few lines about Bush and tax cuts for the rich, my post was deleted and I was given a warning about not being "political" in telling what was only the truth! I can see clearly now that it was ONLY ABOUT ME, not about politics. I have contributed money to the Board, maybe not enough, so with tha said, I will sign off. Merry Christmas!