VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed Complaint For Bad C&p Exam (now No One Will Contact Me)

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I had an extremely bad C&P exam. I filed a formal complaint with the patients advocates office, and I I got was a form letter from the VA medical center. I felt as if no one cared so I shot off another letter to the Medical Center director demanding a meeting with him and the Chief Of Staff. I also enclosed in that letter a copy of a private IME that blasted the incompentence of the N.P that did the C&P exam. I have not heard one thing this has been over 1 month ago.

I sent the RO all of my issues with the VA Medical Center. I went outside the VA medical center for the first time in 10 years to get an IME from Dr. Bash and a medication evul for the 21 medications I now take. The doctor that did the Med evul blasted the VA for not doing a cross check of all my meds and listed each one for the many side effects I now have because of the so many meds. This was also for a claim I files for 10 side effects related to medications from High blood pressure to gout.

Sence I did this my VA doctor cancelled my upcoming appointement. I was rushed to our local ER last week for chest pain. I contacted the VA Nurse Advise line and she informed me to get to the nearest ER(I live over an hour away from my closest VA Medical Hospital) I have not heard anything from the VA in any way. I called my health clinic prior to going to the ER and informed them. I called again after I was released. They informed me that they would be setting up a follow up appt asap. That has been over a week ago. I went to the local doctor my wife and kids sees for a follow up.

Can anyone help me in this issue. Is the VA blackballing me? I don't understand what is happening. Thank you all. God bless.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

been there -done this de jevu-in a similiar situation-

Dr. Bash is GREAT -is he the doc you mean here?

"The doctor that did the Med evul blasted the VA for not doing a cross check of all my meds and listed each one for the many side effects I now have because of the so many meds. This was also for a claim I files for 10 side effects related to medications from High blood pressure to gout"

This sounds like a basis for a Sec 1151 claim-

Basically-Sec1151 - If the VA screwed up on your care or meds whatever- and you got additional medical problems due to their screw up- they have to rate and compensate the additional problems-as long as they are ratable disabling conditions-

I don't think they are blackballing you- I think they are preparing some sort of defense-you have them scared-they are trying to CTA

(cover their asses)

Give this a little more time-

my opinion- then - let's say if no result in two weeks-I will help you with an 1151 claim-

Wrong and inappropriate meds lent to my husband's untimely death at VA hands- (documented)

At least they are fully aware and can change the meds-

Meantime-if the Director calls you to come in- make sure you do what I did- I made him document our conversation right in the med recs.

I was so mad I punched his desk-and threw some med recs at him-

dont get mad-because----

this same director months later sent the VA a supporting med opinion that stated his hospital had screwed upmy husband (VA counsel had asked for it)

VA counsel got it, sent it to the VA for my Sec 1151 and then the MF took it (mysterious force) and it never showed up again when they processed the claim.

VA denied they ever had it.

I got copy of my c file 2 years ago and the MF had put it back-

(it was there all the time-he -the Director-admitted on it his own VAMC docs messed up the veteran)

Do you have copy of your entire med recs?

I sure would get them before that MF visits your VARO too-

I wonder how they will handle the emergency hosp-did you get the name of the nurse who approved this?

You were probably much better off at a real hospital that night-

I think they have to pay that bill.

Edited by Berta

"The doctor that did the Med evul blasted the VA for not doing a cross check of all my meds and listed each one for the many side effects I now have because of the so many meds. This was also for a claim I files for 10 side effects related to medications from High blood pressure to gout"

Basically-Sec1151 - If the VA screwed up on your care or meds whatever- and you got additional medical problems due to their screw up- they have to rate and compensate the additional problems-as long as they are ratable disabling conditions-

I don't think they are blackballing you- I think they are preparing some sort of defense-you have them scared-they are trying to CTA

(cover their asses)

my opinion- then - let's say if no result in two weeks-I will help you with an 1151 claim-

Wrong and inappropriate meds lent to my husband's untimely death at VA hands- (documented)

Meantime-if the Director calls you to come in- make sure you do what I did- I made him document our conversation right in the med recs.

dont get mad-because----

this same director months later sent the VA a supporting med opinion that stated his hospital had screwed upmy husband (VA counsel had asked for it)

VA counsel got it, sent it to the VA for my Sec 1151 and then the MF took it (mysterious force) and it never showed up again when they processed the claim.

(it was there all the time-he -the Director-admitted on it his own VAMC docs messed up the veteran)

I wonder how they will handle the emergency hosp-did you get the name of the nurse who approved this?

(cover their asses)

dont get mad-because----

Dear Berta,

Thank you for your response. Yes I have all my med records. I have never heard of a section 1151. My American Liegon rep is no help to me at all. He seems to not even care. He hasn't returned my calls in 2 weeks I left him 3 messages.

I do thank you for your help. Yes I will contact you in a copuple of weeks. In reguards to the Section 1151 where would I find all the information on this issue? It seems to be a blessing to me in this issue I face. I thank you again Berta. Merry Christmas!