VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Now Hear This! If Your Claim Is In Haas Stay...

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Now Hear This! If your claim is in Haas Stay...

Folks, I cannot begin to tell you how many Vets have contacted me to say something like this:

I, for one, plan to make sure my claim (Diabetes, Prostate Cancer) is up-to-date and that I have all the supporting documentation I need (or MAY need). In the event the DVA tries to throw any crap about "inside the 12-mile limit" (as if NGFS could be performed any further out from a DD) I have log entries showing times the ship actually was inport at Vung Tau, Cam Rhan Bay, and Danang. I'd advise everyone else who has a claim in to do the same. If you don't have a claim in........I'd say "get hot!"

NOW HEAR THIS!:

If you are in a similar situation, that is, you have a claim pending and likely held under the Haas stay, but your ship visited ports in Vietnam, anchored in bays, harbors, or estuaries, or went up rivers, you must take immediate action!

You must get your Veterans Service Officer, to IMMEDIATELY contact your VARO [VA Regional Office] and have them pull your claim and process it immediately! Your claim does NOT qualify for the Haas stay and the VA is screwing you. If necessary, have your VSO contact their organization's state HQ to get funding, or a staff attorney to file a writ of mandamus to get the VA moving on your claim.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT. DO NOT LET THE VA GET AWAY WITH THIS!

Turn to, men! You should not have to wait any longer than necessary, and besides, we need to get your claims processed and out of the way before HR 6562 is enacted so the VA will get to our claims sooner!

Good luck sailors!

VNVets

"It is a stain on this nation's honor that the Department of Veterans Affairs has become a deadlier and more difficult adversary to the American veteran than any they have ever faced on a battlefield."-- VNVets

"The concept that Agent Orange, and its effects, stopped dead in its tracks at the shoreline is simply too illogical, and too ludicrous to accept. What does that say about the Bush Administration and his Department of Veterans Affairs?"--VNVets

"With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation's wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan--to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations." --President Abraham Lincoln

"Without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious."--President George Washington

http://feedblitz.com/r.asp?l=36149873&...5&u=5531534

Edited by allan

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have been making this point myself here and at other sites-

SVR radio has the show I did with Rich Coven (NOVA) regarding Haas and the Writs mentioned here-

http://www.stardustent.com/

Archives under SVR March 12th- any media player should bring up the tape of the show-

Also I worked with John Rossie on a writ of Mandamus template - for these veterans-

Blue Water vets should join the Blue Water Navy.org for the most updated info there is on Haas and on Foot on ground Blue Waters-

If any BWV vets needs a template for the Writ- they can contact me via Blue Water Navy web site or contact Jeff or John there-